Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:52 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 260
Dear all seniors/experts,

Me also realised that after updating map from 5.09 onwards, I have lost the navi function in tunnels totally. I am currently using 5.13. Whenever I enter a tunnel, in around 400-500m I will lose satelite signal irregardless of whatever speed that I am travelling. Please advice.

Rgds

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:08 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
aaronl1m wrote:
Dear all seniors/experts,

Me also realised that after updating map from 5.09 onwards, I have lost the navi function in tunnels totally. I am currently using 5.13. Whenever I enter a tunnel, in around 400-500m I will lose satelite signal irregardless of whatever speed that I am travelling. Please advice.

Rgds

I have never had such a problem using the MSM v5.13 and previous versions where it could go into simulation mode inside the tunnel. Perhaps, you may want to specify which particular tunnel - CTE or KPE or both - and the entry and exit point so that the admin could look into it. The thing about going into simulation mode inside the tunnel, once it loses satellite signal, is that you gotta maintain a constant speed from the time you enter the tunnel till you exit. Too much speed fluctuation can cause it to disable the simulation mode.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:34 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi 765 SG/MY
[quote="Redstorm"
I have never had such a problem using the MSM v5.13 and previous versions where it could go into simulation mode inside the tunnel. Perhaps, you may want to specify which particular tunnel - CTE or KPE or both - and the entry and exit point so that the admin could look into it. The thing about going into simulation mode inside the tunnel, once it loses satellite signal, is that you gotta maintain a constant speed from the time you enter the tunnel till you exit. Too much speed fluctuation can cause it to disable the simulation mode.[/quote]

I am very curious as to how Garmin could sense "too much speed fluctuation"
without the satellites. Any idea ?
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:47 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
168 wrote:

I am very curious as to how Garmin could sense "too much speed fluctuation"
without the satellites. Any idea ?
Thanks in advance

I got no idea about the technical aspect of it. Maybe, you may want to email Garmin to find out. Thanks.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:05 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
Most interesting with some of your opinions that remains uncertain and is yet to be proven as tentative however, you may want to opt this other alternative whereby you start & exit as a pedestrian.

But while inside on Pedestrian mode, stop somewhere and stay motionless or better still, have a seat, swipe out a KitKat and simulate instead while seated on your 'mobile bangku'... lets see if fluctuation of speeds lacking can neutralize that thinking about the satellite's reading being continuous or NOT at all? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:40 am 

Redstorm wrote:
I have never had such a problem using the MSM v5.13 and previous versions where it could go into simulation mode inside the tunnel. Perhaps, you may want to specify which particular tunnel - CTE or KPE or both - and the entry and exit point so that the admin could look into it. The thing about going into simulation mode inside the tunnel, once it loses satellite signal, is that you gotta maintain a constant speed from the time you enter the tunnel till you exit. Too much speed fluctuation can cause it to disable the simulation mode.

Hi bro, sorry for late reply. I am refering to KPE, I use it daily from Buangkok and exit on Nicoll Highway. Have tried both ways to and from, same thing. Just 2 days ago, travelled from CTE entering from Outram going into the 1st tunnel towards AMK, lost satelite signal. I have tried to maintain the same speed before entering and after entering the tunnel, but same result. Like I mentioned earlier, before I update to 5.09, the navi function in all tunnels works well for my Nuvi 260, ever since I updated to 5.09 onwards, all maps have the same problem. I have not tried to revert back to 5.08 though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:58 am 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
I took it for granted while I'm rather used to see it shown and tracked while within a tunnel and speed has no influence... and I don't stay or make silly changes in a congested tunnel thus, I rev up if necessary. :thumbsup:

Since my recent acquisition of my Nuvi 3790 from brudder SB, I've swung past, under and through several tunnels in Singapore last weekend (I'm now in Thailand btw) and like I said, I had no concerns or doubts to raise except for the fact about taking it for granted that it simply works and indeed, it worked!

Nothing of the sort mentioning the loss of satellite signals. The unit is superb and I'm glad for deciding this latest model. :-$

Btw, I ordered the ZAGG screen shield and since there isn't one currently shaped out for the 3790 I ordered the 1690 model instead. That will suit me fine and I almost have it for FREE after purchasing the FULL protective shield (front, back and all around) for my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone in the same order. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:19 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
aaronl1m wrote:
Hi bro, sorry for late reply. I am refering to KPE, I use it daily from Buangkok and exit on Nicoll Highway. Have tried both ways to and from, same thing. Just 2 days ago, travelled from CTE entering from Outram going into the 1st tunnel towards AMK, lost satelite signal. I have tried to maintain the same speed before entering and after entering the tunnel, but same result. Like I mentioned earlier, before I update to 5.09, the navi function in all tunnels works well for my Nuvi 260, ever since I updated to 5.09 onwards, all maps have the same problem. I have not tried to revert back to 5.08 though.

Are you in Navigational mode vs view only mode when entering the tunnel? If not please try so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:23 pm 

SilverBeauty wrote:
Are you in Navigational mode vs view only mode when entering the tunnel? If not please try so.

Hi, I am in Navigational mode. Thks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:02 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 2575r SG/MY
Don't understand why Garmin restricts this feature to only Tunnels.
TomTom enables this feature on all roads and it turns to a black & white map to indicate its in simulation mode.
2 advantages of this is:
1) Even though simulation has exited tunnel it will continue simulation instead of stopping and giving error.
2) When u lose signal in places with tall buildings it will also simulate using ur current speed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next