Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
nagflar wrote:
Hi all i am newbie to garmin . recently i update the map pack . after that i use my garmin alway show illegal turn . Please advise . thanks

:welcome: to the Forum and if you can, please update your Profile showing where U R located.

Is your unit set for the right-hand-drive? Otherwise its always responding assuming yours is a left-hand oriented vehicle.
Also, as Redstorm has urged you, provide the fundamental details so anyone can oblige to assist other than speculate for lack of the necessary information...

Nooo, there is no Big Brother going after you even if you are on the Moon..... but it helps to know just where you are at and "NOT" lost out there somewhere. :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:19 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
cruiser wrote:
Is your unit set for the right-hand-drive? Otherwise its always responding assuming yours is a left-hand oriented vehicle.

Huh??? I don't think there's any setting for that.

I'm currently in US with my nuvi 3790 SG/MY. Just load in the North America map and I'm ready to go. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 am 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
Zeus73 wrote:
cruiser wrote:

Huh??? I don't think there's any setting for that.

I'm currently in US with my nuvi 3790 SG/MY. Just load in the North America map and I'm ready to go. :thumbsup:

Yes there is, I get mine reminding me whenever I cross the pond into UK. Btw, remember about California. Its prohibited to hook up yr 3790 on the front windshield. If you have any to share, add pics to this thread brudder... :thumbsup:

Share yr pics HERE.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:10 am 

GPS: Garmin 255W
my nüvi 255W coming close to 22mths old..been using it very consistently..say about once twice a week and charging only when battery low(or left 1 bar)..starting abt 1 mth ago..the battery charge is not holding..can only use abt 45mins(on a full-charge using computer USB port to charge)..anyone experienced the same situation or similar?

-is using PC USB to charge ok?
-how long do i charge?
-what can i do if the battery is really dying?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
DarthRevan wrote:
my nüvi 255W coming close to 22mths old..been using it very consistently..say about once twice a week and charging only when battery low(or left 1 bar)..starting abt 1 mth ago..the battery charge is not holding..can only use abt 45mins(on a full-charge using computer USB port to charge)..anyone experienced the same situation or similar?

-how long do i charge?

Battery is near EOL ( End of Life ) thus cannot hold charge

If most of your usage is confined to use in car, then it should not be a problem as it is powered by car charger.

You can DIY change as sending it to Garmin may not be worth the cost.

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwAbKYOgiZg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Nuvi 2575R, Nuvi 2465, Nuvi 255W, Waze.
DarthRevan wrote:

-how long do i charge?

Hmm, I faced the same thing with my 255W. What I did is I left the unit working (low battery) until it went flat, which can last for one hour plus from the low bat warning. Then by repeating it few times which charging from flat to full, now it's back to normal.

If that couldn't work, be prepared with Bro SilversBeauty's method.

Bailey Ng

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:32 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C
jimmy wrote:
Br MoeyHC,

My friend's nuvi this morning having the same problem, the nuvi hangs at ...'Loading maps...' and USB connection to the GPS is not work. :cry:

Can u pls tell me how to solve this problem? :prayer:

Thanks in advance :tq:

Sorry to have missed your post and sad to know of your friend's problem.

Todate only one Nuvi was 'revive' after it got stuck at Loading Maps.... I couldn't recall all I have done but I was 'experimenting' by Powering it On and inserting the USB cable at various stages of booting up.... and it actually got pass the loop and went into Data mode. Deleting the map resolve the problem. I'm not willing try it again :mrgreen: hence I do not have the procedure written.

Good luck.

P/S: Please document your work and share it if it works for you... thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:43 pm 

GPS: Garmin 255W
baileyng wrote:
Hmm, I faced the same thing with my 255W. What I did is I left the unit working (low battery) until it went flat, which can last for one hour plus from the low bat warning. Then by repeating it few times which charging from flat to full, now it's back to normal.

If that couldn't work, be prepared with Bro SilversBeauty's method.
Bailey Ng

hi bro baileyng..charging to full takes how long?

SilverBeauty wrote:
Battery is near EOL ( End of Life ) thus cannot hold charge

If most of your usage is confined to use in car, then it should not be a problem as it is powered by car charger.

You can DIY change as sending it to Garmin may not be worth the cost.

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwAbKYOgiZg

I guess that may be the best option for me..thank you, bro SilverBeauty! :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:04 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
You should used the wall socket charger and leave it on overnight....best if you completely drain the juice off before charging.

Might need a couple of cycles.

If this process doesn't revives the battery, than you can go ahead and change to a new battery..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:07 pm 

GPS: GRAMIN 255W
can anyone teach how to factory reset the nuvi 255w.

my friend borrow my unit and add maps onto it,
now become "can't unlock maps" when start and hang always.

please help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next