Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:26 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
tankk wrote:
can anyone teach how to factory reset the nuvi 255w.

my friend borrow my unit and add maps onto it,
now become "can't unlock maps" when start and hang always.

please help.

Hard-Reset will not solve your problem. It will only erase setup information and user favorites.

You will need to hook up your Nuvi to a PC and erase the maps in the main memory and/or SD card that your friend added to it.

The offending maps can be located in Main Memory/garmin and/or SD card/garmin directory.

File name is either or combo of gmapsupp.img / gmapprom.img / gmapprom1.img / gmapoem.img .....

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:15 pm 

GPS: 567
updated with more detail info . please me . thx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:51 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
nagflar wrote:
updated with more detail info . please me . thx

:-? :-? bro you better elaborate with more details as to what is your problem :-? :-?
We not mind-readers :ko:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:52 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Should just select 1 map.....

And the illegal turn you mention.......you have to tell us where.....Malaysia is not a small area......which road, junction, direction, coordinates, which map version you are using.... all these details at least will allow the mappers to ascertain if there is a problem that need to be fix......

Don't assume we have a crystal ball :lol: ......you need to help us find the place.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:52 pm 

GPS: Garmin 1350
hi all, for 255w garmin gps there are 3 route option to choose for navigation,

Shorter road - gps will lead to local road only?

faster time - gps will lead to highway or local road?

Off road - what does it mean?

any bros here can advise, thank in advance... :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:41 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
kondo wrote:

Shortest road is the shortest route and it can use any road as long as it is the shortest route.

Faster Time is routing via roads with the highest speed limits.

Off-road means not locked onto any road so if the map is blank, you can go across a field or into the jungle (or sail on the sea) in the off-road mode. In this mode if you are routed to a destination, your route will be a straight line like a rubber band that shows the bearing of your destination relative to your position and the direct distance to the destination (line-of-sight distance or distance as the crow flies).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:12 pm 

jasonlee wrote:
kondo wrote:

Shortest road is the shortest route and it can use any road as long as it is the shortest route.

Off-road means not locked onto any road so if the map is blank, you can go across a field or into the jungle (or sail on the sea) in the off-road mode. In this mode if you are routed to a destination, your route will be a straight line like a rubber band that shows the bearing of your destination relative to your position and the direct distance to the destination (line-of-sight distance or distance as the crow flies).

Off road option is out.

if i prefer to travel on expressway so i shld select the faster time out of the three option? but i exprieneced that the gps not always direct me to expressway when faster time option was selected.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:30 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: nüvi 255W
jasonlee wrote:
kondo wrote:

kondo wrote:
Off road option is out.

if i prefer to travel on expressway so i shld select the faster time out of the three option? but i exprieneced that the gps not always direct me to expressway when faster time option was selected.

Hi Kondo,

Both fastest and shortest options also depending on what avoidances you have selected.

If you select to avoid toll highway for example, the GPS will not route using toll highway class road.

If you confirmed that the avoidances were set correctly and you still have routing issue, please submit your starting and ending coordinates. We (the mappers) will review the map data and correct, if needed, the map data.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:57 am 

ktan wrote:
jasonlee wrote:

kondo wrote:
Off road option is out.

Hi Kondo,

Both fastest and shortest options also depending on what avoidances you have selected.

If you select to avoid toll highway for example, the GPS will not route using toll highway class road.

If you confirmed that the avoidances were set correctly and you still have routing issue, please submit your starting and ending coordinates. We (the mappers) will review the map data and correct, if needed, the map data.

Thanks.

my avoidances only traffic was trick therefore i guess shldn't be an issue for not choosing expressway.

for example i was at chinatown (SG) and my gps route option set on faster time, i wish to go to farrer park road via CTE but the gps direct me to local small road instead of my wished route CTE.

IMO sometime i found faster time route option a bit contraditing, why Garmin dont have an route option for highway (strictly highway only).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:34 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
My comment is make by looking at the Singapore Map generally since I do not have Mapsource on my office PC.. ](*,)

From Chinatown to Farrer Park Road, using CTE, you probably have to exit at Moulmein and come in via Rangoon Road. That is not efficient compare to what the GPS recommended which is probably to take you straight down to Hill Road, Stamford Road, Selegie Road, Serangoon Road, Birch Road, Gloucester Road to Farrer Park Road. A distance of probably 4km compare to travelling via CTE which could be longer due to the curving tunnels.

Since the saving in time is probably minimal due to the short travelling distance, the GPSr most likely just take the shorter routing. I may be wrong. :mrgreen:

Anyway, this example is also good to showcase why the GPSr is just a tool. A visitor to town will probably just follow the routing. A local, however, is not expected to blindly follow the routing but to utilise his local knowledge to at times overwrite the technology's decision, after factoring in known traffic conditions in the calculated route. :lol: :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next