The Nuvi 1250

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

kploh
Regular
Regular
GPS: Sell Old buy New

Re: Nuvi 1250 forever would not acquire satellite lock/fix

#151 Post by kploh » Sat May 21, 2011 1:40 am

May be your Nuvi's GPS chipset has something wrong, what I think.
if your nuvi with latest firmware, you may try to downgrade to the older version firmware, see whether still the same.

hippoheyhey
GPS: Garmin 1250

#152 Post by hippoheyhey » Sat May 21, 2011 2:35 am

kploh wrote:May be your Nuvi's GPS chipset has something wrong, what I think.
if your nuvi with latest firmware, you may try to downgrade to the older version firmware, see whether still the same.
how can i downgrade to older version firmware?

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#153 Post by cruiser » Sat May 21, 2011 3:41 am

Strangely though, I experienced the same thing this afternoon at a drive-in carpark and this time, while being distracted by my BH in her sudden questions, I switched off my engine while the 1490 was still in the dock and stayed connected to the 12v receptacle.
Didn't think that was unusual but because I felt I parked too close to the rear I wanted to drive out a weebit forward.
However, I noticed that my Nuvi still displayed "External power has been lost" and it was supposed to be counting down within the next 25 secs... but it froze!!! Darn!!! :shock:

So, I restarted the engine and it had no effect on the Nuvi hence, I unplugged the mini usb from the rear and it just blacked out straight from that point!!... :ko:

Subsequently, was I caught in between, on flashing a decision with which to handle first, readjusting my parking distance or this darn dilemma with my konked-out Nuvi...??? :lol:

I did a hard reset on the switch and nothing occurred. Plugged it back again with the usb and restart the ignition and VOILA!!! It came back to life!....phew... \:D/

Will be checking it out later after midnight to see if a repeat upgrade is necessary...

I can't wait to get my hands on the 3790 from brudder SB over a week's time, which was earlier bought on my behalf by brudder Jeff. My thanks to them both for always being helpful on my distant requests. :thumbsup:
hippoheyhey wrote: how can i downgrade to older version firmware?

Use the CD that came with it. I hope you still have it or try ask the local dealer for a link or Google on it. All the best and keep us posted on your result. :thumbsup:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

hippoheyhey
GPS: Garmin 1250

#154 Post by hippoheyhey » Sat May 21, 2011 4:01 pm

cruiser wrote:
Use the CD that came with it. I hope you still have it or try ask the local dealer for a link or Google on it. All the best and keep us posted on your result. :thumbsup:
The nuvi 1250 box doesn't come with a CD. www.garmin.com.sg and google does not have the old firmware as well.

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#155 Post by Zeus73 » Sat May 21, 2011 4:44 pm

hippoheyhey wrote:The nuvi 1250 box doesn't come with a CD. http://www.garmin.com.sg and google does not have the old firmware as well.
v2.40???

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

#156 Post by jasonlee » Sat May 21, 2011 5:27 pm

hippoheyhey wrote:The nuvi 1250 box doesn't come with a CD. http://www.garmin.com.sg and google does not have the old firmware as well.
v2.30???
Lean not on your own understanding

adrianyujs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Nuvi 205W/1350/1460/3790
HP Ipaq HX2750 + Holux GPSlim 236
Nokia 5800 + Garmin XT S60 / Mapking R12

#157 Post by adrianyujs » Sat May 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Maybe unit spoil already when u try start the engine and cause spark on every equipment u have..

next time pls unplug every equipment u have before start ur car engine, for safety.

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

#158 Post by jasonlee » Sat May 21, 2011 6:24 pm

adrianyujs wrote:Maybe unit spoil already when u try start the engine and cause spark on every equipment u have..

next time pls unplug every equipment u have before start ur car engine, for safety.
Good advice. All electrical equipment should be off when turning the switch to start car otherwise power surge can damage electrical equipment yet I see so many people leave their A/C. car stereo and other electrical equipment either on or connected to the battery when they stop the engine. [-X matter of time something will go wrong.
Lean not on your own understanding

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#159 Post by cruiser » Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 pm

jasonlee wrote:.....All electrical equipment should be off when turning the switch to start car otherwise power surge can damage electrical equipment yet I see so many people leave their A/C. car stereo and other electrical equipment either on or connected to the battery when they stop the engine. [-X matter of time something will go wrong.

Sound & wise tip brudder Jason. :thumbsup: Complacency before ignorance in most cases la.... :-$ :lol:

In my case, I do switch off / unplug as soon as I can once destination is reached. Including my pure sinus inverter just as a precautionary measure but with inverters, connected directly to the batteries, it doesn't really matter 2B honest about this. But a good routine habit is always good / better to indulge.
I must however add, the safety feature with my TomTom GO 950 LIVE is exceptional as it automatically reroutes to its own dependence on its Li Ion the moment it detects an optional power source albeit coming in or leaving. Hence it does not get affected or become ill prepared by accidental surge returning.
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

syazmel
GPS: nuvi 1250

Nuvi 1250 not detected by the Garmin Map Installer

#160 Post by syazmel » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:33 am

Hello Guys,

Recently i have formatted my garmin drive and re-install the latest version of software for my device (nüvi® 1250 Sing/Mal Unit Software v2.70)

Problem occur when i tried to re-install the map. The garmin map installer said that 'Please connect your Garmin device to the computer', but I already connect my device in usb mode and my computer has recognized it.

So, i cannot install the map to my garmin device. Anyone knows how to re-install the map to my device?