For First-Time Visitors (The FAQ of all FAQs!) UPDATED 24/7

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

xdarren90x
GPS: Garmin nuvi 255w

Re: For First-Time Visitors (The FAQ of all FAQs!) UPDATED 2

#531 Post by xdarren90x » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:04 pm

hi all,

currently i have this map Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2011.30 in my SD card

but somehow the gps 255w does not display the above version..instead it is still using the Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2009.X version..

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#532 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:56 am

xdarren90x wrote:hi all,

currently i have this map Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2011.30 in my SD card

but somehow the gps 255w does not display the above version..instead it is still using the Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2009.X version..

Delete the old map before trying to install new map :-'

francisyeo
GPS: garmin

#533 Post by francisyeo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi seriously need some help here :prayer: .. i bought my 205w from a friend yrs back and had not updated my map since then. Still running on malsing v2.30... :(

I tried downloading the NT maps but the device states that there is no map available.

What are the maps/ files that are required in the garmin directory?? i have 04 Disc image files, 02 XML files, 3 SUM files and 1 GCD file. Do I need all of these or i can delete them???

nazrose
Qualified Mapper
GPS: Garmin 60CSx + GA25MCX

#534 Post by nazrose » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:11 am

francisyeo wrote:Hi seriously need some help here :prayer: .. i bought my 205w from a friend yrs back and had not updated my map since then. Still running on malsing v2.30... :(

I tried downloading the NT maps but the device states that there is no map available.

What are the maps/ files that are required in the garmin directory?? i have 04 Disc image files, 02 XML files, 3 SUM files and 1 GCD file. Do I need all of these or i can delete them???
download msm nt v5.28 : http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 01#p193301

the map file "gmapsupp.img" need to put inside the garmin directory .. :) ...

mad_dog
GPS: Garmin 60CS
Garmin Nuvi 1460

#535 Post by mad_dog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:51 am

SilverBeauty wrote:
xdarren90x wrote:hi all,

Delete the old map before trying to install new map :-'
I facing the same problem, the latest map cannot be display, only the older version. I delete the old map but still display the old one again.

Any advice? Tks.

li_hat
GPS: Garmin Mobile XT

#536 Post by li_hat » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:09 pm

hi all,

please guide me. i would like to know on the copyright issue of the map produce by malsingmap. i want to know if i can use the map that i download here for commercial purpose.

For example, i download the map than i load it to my special application, not garmin or any gps device. the map is for my mapping application for tracking device.

so, do i need to pay amount of money or the map absolutely cannot be use for commercial purpose.

please advise. thanks a lot..

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#537 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:30 pm

li_hat wrote:hi all,

please guide me. i would like to know on the copyright issue of the map produce by malsingmap. i want to know if i can use the map that i download here for commercial purpose.

For example, i download the map than i load it to my special application, not garmin or any gps device. the map is for my mapping application for tracking device.

so, do i need to pay amount of money or the map absolutely cannot be use for commercial purpose.

please advise. thanks a lot..

Please read the Copyright Notice at this link page : http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal/downloads.php

Copyright Notice

Our maps are protected by copyright laws. All rights reserved; no part of any map may be reproduced, stored in retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the owner. By downloading the maps, you agree to be bound by the laws of copyright. Our maps are distributed free of charge for personal use. You are committing an offence if you steal, sell, reverse-engineer or package these maps as an alternative product.

The Garmin cgpsmapper version is compiled using third party compilers. The MSM NT maps are compiled using native Garmin compiler and tools. The Mapking maps are compiled using official Mapking compiler and tools. We provide no warranty and bear no responsibility for any damage or loss arising whatsoever by using of these maps. Use at your own risk!

If you would like to use it, please PM our Admin, brother adilothman for comment.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#538 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:33 pm

mad_dog wrote:
I facing the same problem, the latest map cannot be display, only the older version. I delete the old map but still display the old one again.

Any advice? Tks.
What device are you using ?

Please double confirm that you had actually deleted the old map and no other maps reside in your main memory / SD card.

mad_dog
GPS: Garmin 60CS
Garmin Nuvi 1460

#539 Post by mad_dog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:13 am

SilverBeauty wrote:
mad_dog wrote:

Any advice? Tks.
What device are you using ?

Please double confirm that you had actually deleted the old map and no other maps reside in your main memory / SD card.
It's my colleague's Nuvi 255W & the map "SGMYMAL.JCV" is inside the unit memory under the folder "JCV" now. For the SD card, sometimes I leave it inside & sometimes didn't cos it makes no different to me.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#540 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:21 am

mad_dog wrote:
It's my colleague's Nuvi 255W & the map "SGMYMAL.JCV" is inside the unit memory under the folder "JCV" now. For the SD card, sometimes I leave it inside & sometimes didn't cos it makes no different to me.
The file u loaded is a Junction View file, not a map file. Files in folder JCV are for Junction view function only :-'

Go to our download section and download our latest map 5.29NT. Unzip map file gmapsupp.img and place this to SD card/garmin directory.