Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:46 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:48 am 

GPS: Garmin 2465
Hi there I just got Garmin Nuvi 2465.

I am trying to upload mapsingmaps MSM NT v5.19.

Followed the instructions.

Quick Installation Note:
- Extract & Copy gmapsupp.img to [storage card]\Garmin\
- Extract & Copy Product.JCV to [storage card]\Garmin\JCV\
Product.JCV is for nuvi that support JCV. Currently only some of KL(Kuala Lumpur) JCV images. Join in to contribute the JCV photos so that the JCV collection grows.

However it doesn't seem to work at all.
This is what I see when I connect my garmin to my computer

Help!

Attachments:
2011-07-21_0346.png
2011-07-21_0346.png [ 96.54 KiB | Viewed 1449 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:16 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
I don't think you have follow the instruction to the letter. :mrgreen:

The instruction say "Extract & Copy gmapsupp.img to [storage card]\Garmin\"

Storage Card = a SD card :-$

You image shows you've put the gmapsupp in the Nuvi internal memory.

A word of advise:
If you are not sure of the quality of map and/or whether the map is corrupted or not, the standard advise to user is to put it in a SD card so that you will not risk turning the Nuvi into a nice looking paperweight when something goes wrong. If the map is in the SD card and it is corrupted, removing the SD card can save the Nuvi. You put the map in the Nuvi internal memory, and something goes wrong, the nuvi need to go for "surgery" in a Garmin hospital.

Another lo so advise:
Before you do anything, back up the whole Nuvi to your PC...including the hidden directory (very important)... :lol:

Now on your problem, can you get a SD card, create a "Map" directory and put the gmapsupp map there and try again....you can rename the gampsupp to any name you fancy if the map is stored in this directory. You could also create the Map directory in the Nuvi, but of course, the risk is yours to take....if anything bad happen, just go to Garmin hospital... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 am 

GPS: Nuvi 200 (US) & Nuvi 255w(Local)
hi all the sifu here

I updated my nuvi 2465 map and software to the latest version which is in www.garmin.com.sg

now the junction view is missing, it shows an empty screen when it reaches a junction....

anyone can help me?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:31 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
skcs1985 wrote:
hi all the sifu here

I updated my nuvi 2465 map and software to the latest version which is in http://www.garmin.com.sg

now the junction view is missing, it shows an empty screen when it reaches a junction....

anyone can help me?

Please do not double post. [-X
Your question has been answered in other post :tq:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: nuvi2465
nuvi1460
marygoroundmusic wrote:
Hi guys... just bought a new Nuvi 2465 last Monday, Wnt to confirm with sifu here...

i did categorize all my favorite such as... Family & Friend, Shopping, Landmark....

When i click on WHERE TO >> FAVORITE

all the favourite in Nuvi 2465 is not archive in their specified category, all favorite dump into 1 list of favorite even though i assigned a category.

Compare to my Nuvi 1350, When i click on WHERE TO >> FAVORITE

i can see list of CATEGORY, click on the category then only can see all the favorite belong to that category....

How can a achieve this in Nuvi 2465

klik Where To > Favourites >
then klik your favourites.. klik button edit. select categories ..klik + button..enter your category..klik done.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:38 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I got problem with my 2465. When I hock to windows 7 dell xps 15z, the 2465 go to menu where you can choose the mode of your 2465 - when i choose as mass storage device,it goes to external storage page for a while then the 2465 go to booting sequnce again and again. Anybody know how to solve this problem? What should I do about it. Now I can not excess to the internal storage to change maps. OR how do I get access to the internal storage of the 2465

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
aminsa wrote:
I got problem with my 2465. When I hock to windows 7 dell xps 15z, the 2465 go to menu where you can choose the mode of your 2465 - when i choose as mass storage device,it goes to external storage page for a while then the 2465 go to booting sequnce again and again. Anybody know how to solve this problem? What should I do about it. Now I can not excess to the internal storage to change maps. OR how do I get access to the internal storage of the 2465

Connect the USB cable directly to the USB port. Don't connect to USB hub.

If still cannot, use another USB cable.

nuvi were known to be very choosy on the USB cable. Not sure if newer models are having the same issue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:32 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Zeus73 wrote:
aminsa wrote:

Connect the USB cable directly to the USB port. Don't connect to USB hub.

If still cannot, use another USB cable.

nuvi were known to be very choosy on the USB cable. Not sure if newer models are having the same issue.

I tested on other pc with usb3 also got problem. the problem is with usb3, usb2 is ok even on newer pc. So far its failed on all usb3 and ok with usb2. My new notebook only has usb3 version , so what can I do?, any driver or firmware update for nuvi so that its compatible with usb3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:11 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Here is Garmin Malaysia reply to query

GarminMalaysia
Dear sir,

I have checked with our engineers and unfortunately it is a hardware limitation on current Garmin devices that is prohibiting the use of it on USB 3.0 ports.

Sorry.

Thank you and have a nice day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:19 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: nüvi 255w (SG/MY localized)
GPSMAP 76CSx
wow seriously?! this is a major problem!

aminsa wrote:
Here is Garmin Malaysia reply to query

GarminMalaysia
Dear sir,

I have checked with our engineers and unfortunately it is a hardware limitation on current Garmin devices that is prohibiting the use of it on USB 3.0 ports.

Sorry.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next