Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:35 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 310
Thank you very much. Now I can go out and buy one (with peace of mind).

Last edited by bartmp8 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic merged - Bartmp8

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:58 am 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 40
Hi, I'm currently working in US for 1 month, found the Garmin Nuvi 40 is on good price in US and the features are good enough for me too. I'm wishing to buy this unit and will use it for about 1 month in US. But when I back to Malaysia, I wish to load the Malaysia map.

But I'm not sure is the MSM map can be used with this model as this model is quite new.

Can someone please advise? Just wanna be sure this model can be used with MSM Malaysia before I buy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:26 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
cheowkwen wrote:
Hi, I'm currently working in US for 1 month, found the Garmin Nuvi 40 is on good price in US and the features are good enough for me too. I'm wishing to buy this unit and will use it for about 1 month in US. But when I back to Malaysia, I wish to load the Malaysia map.

But I'm not sure is the MSM map can be used with this model as this model is quite new.

Can someone please advise? Just wanna be sure this model can be used with MSM Malaysia before I buy.

As long as it is a Garmin, regardless of whether it is the newest or an older model, you can download and use our maps. No problem at all.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:35 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Redstorm wrote:
cheowkwen wrote:

As long as it is a Garmin, regardless of whether it is the newest or an older model, you can download and use our maps. No problem at all.

Looking at the review, the only thing that is probably a serious consideration for you to decide is whether the Junction View and Lane Assist can work in Singapore. So far only localised version of the Garmin units can use this two features. Other units produced for other markets cannot used these features in MY and SG even thought the units have them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:45 am 

But i thought the MSM NT 5.xx consists JVC also but it is still limited to certain places in MYS and it is still updating. Right?

Another question is, once is the MSM NT 5.xx consist also POI as well? Or just the map?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 am 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: Garmin 60CSx + GA25MCX
cheowkwen wrote:
But i thought the MSM NT 5.xx consists JVC also but it is still limited to certain places in MYS and it is still updating. Right?

yup,, thats right

Another question is, once is the MSM NT 5.xx consist also POI as well? Or just the map?
Both maps MSM NT 5.xx and MSM NT 2011.xx consist POI as well..

:D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:03 pm 

Hi guys, thanks for the advise. I've bought the Garmin Nuvi 40 from one of the local store here. Just finish doing register with Garmin and updated the device firmware and the preloaded map. Now i want to load the MSM map into my SD lo....hehe...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:11 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
You must be excited for sure... ;) :drive: Drive carefully and watch out for Police Ambush!!! :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:45 pm 

Haha, i've loaded the MSM NT v5.31 into the SD card and tried it with my new Garmin Nuvi 40, seems working fine. I'm able to find the POI when I set it to stimulator mode.

Thanks a lot, guys. This is the best GPS forum and thanks for those people who pay their effort to update the map. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :tq: :tq: :tq:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:47 pm 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: Montana 650
Garmin GPSmap 76CSx, 60CSx, 62s
Garmin Mobile XT in Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N8
cheowkwen wrote:
Haha, i've loaded the MSM NT v5.31 into the SD card and tried it with my new Garmin Nuvi 40, seems working fine. I'm able to find the POI when I set it to stimulator mode.

Thanks a lot, guys. This is the best GPS forum and thanks for those people who pay their effort to update the map. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :tq: :tq: :tq:

Glad to know that you love it. We will continue our level best to update our map and your contribution will definitely help it grows further.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next