Loading MSM into NUVI Part 7

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Loading MSM into NUVI Part 7

#1 Post by bartmp8 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Dear Members,

Please continue your questions regarding MSM installation into NUVIs here.

A) MSM/Garmin NT Format Maps for Non Localised Units - Free but requires Unlock Code
(Click to read the whole topic, Latest map is the one with the highest number value - 201x.XX)

B) MSM/Garmin NT Format Maps for Localised Units - Free but requires Unlock Code.
Linked directly to Garmin Download Website.

C) Find the In-house MSM NT Format Maps in this Sub-Forum - Free and Unlocked.
Includes some JCVs, more will be added in time.
(Latest Map is the one with the highest number value - v5.xx)

For a quick installation guide ---> Click Here

Click here for:

1) Loading MSM into Nuvi Part 1
2) Loading MSM into Nuvi part 2
3) Loading MSM into Nuvi part 3
4) Loading MSM into Nuvi Part 4
5) Loading MSM into Nuvi Part 5
6) Loading MSM into Nuvi Part 6

ATTENTION 2xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series NUVI USERS

Zeus73 wrote:To use MSM NT from SD card, you will need to change the file name.
  • gmapprom1.img -> gmapsupp.img
  • gmapprom1.unl -> gmapsupp.unl

For user of nuvi 3XX and 8XX series, your unit might not be able to read the unlock code from the UNL file. Please read http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 11#p155211.

For user of nuvi 1XXX & 3xxx series, you can copy the maps into the "MAP" folder of main memory or SD card.
As long as your are using \Map, you may rename your map to anything you like as long as it ends with .img

Click Here for further details

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: Loading MSM into NUVI Part 7

#2 Post by bartmp8 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:17 am

Happy New Year! Please continue your Question and discussion on installing MSM maps into Nuvi here.

NarenG21
GPS: Shinco GM7800; looking to upgrade

#3 Post by NarenG21 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:52 pm

I would like to thank bro ace :prayer: for helping resolve my GPS issue. I'm no longer Goondu ver. 1.2 and have managed to update the map with the guidance of bro ace. :tq:

:rokz:

lapsapfler
GPS: nuvi 2360

#4 Post by lapsapfler » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi GPS experts,

I have a Garmin Nuvi 2360 bought from Australia and am trying to get Msia and Singapore maps onto it.

Have downloaded the newest version i.e. gmapsupp_v537.zip. Then have unzip/rar it and copy and paste the image file: gmapsupp to the Garmin directory on the GPS.

When I go to tools - settings - myMaps, on the GPS, I can only see the Aus/NZ map (CN Aus & NZ NT 2012.40 ALL), but no Msia/Singapore map.

Apologies to the experts if I am missing something basic, but I've spent a few hours on the newbie thread and still can't work out wat I'm doing wrong/have not done?

note: I am not using an SD card

miezarnd
Senior Mapper
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k

#5 Post by miezarnd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:12 pm

lapsapfler wrote:Hi GPS experts,

I have a Garmin Nuvi 2360 bought from Australia and am trying to get Msia and Singapore maps onto it.

Have downloaded the newest version i.e. gmapsupp_v537.zip. Then have unzip/rar it and copy and paste the image file: gmapsupp to the Garmin directory on the GPS.

When I go to tools - settings - myMaps, on the GPS, I can only see the Aus/NZ map (CN Aus & NZ NT 2012.40 ALL), but no Msia/Singapore map.

Apologies to the experts if I am missing something basic, but I've spent a few hours on the newbie thread and still can't work out wat I'm doing wrong/have not done?

note: I am not using an SD card
Hi lapsapfler,

If you don't use microSD, please copy gmapsupp.img to /Map folder (need to create the folder). Please ignore the Product.jcv files coz it did not work if gmapsupp.img stored in GPS main memory.
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

lapsapfler
GPS: nuvi 2360

#6 Post by lapsapfler » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 am

Cheers, miezarnd!

It worked perfectly..can't believe it was such a simple step in the end..

Thanks once again dude!

kingoflimbs
GPS: Garmin

#7 Post by kingoflimbs » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:22 am

I'm a tech dummy and have a question.

I bought a Garmin 2460LMT and a microSD card where I plan to store msm. I inserted the microSD card into the Garmin, but I don't see this drive when I plug the garmin into my computer. How do I load msm into the microSD card if I can't see it? Is this something I'm suppose to do before inserting the microSD card into the garmin?

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#8 Post by Redstorm » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 pm

kingoflimbs wrote:I'm a tech dummy and have a question.

I bought a Garmin 2460LMT and a microSD card where I plan to store msm. I inserted the microSD card into the Garmin, but I don't see this drive when I plug the garmin into my computer. How do I load msm into the microSD card if I can't see it? Is this something I'm suppose to do before inserting the microSD card into the garmin?
As with the newer Garmin like the 2xxx and 3xxx series, when you connect your device to your PC, you will be prompt to select either "Garmin Mode" or "Mass Storage Mode". Select the latter and you should see, as in my 2465, Garmin Nuvi (G:) and Removable Disk (H:). In my 2465, the microSD card is designated as H: drive. If you can't see any drive for your card, then I suggest using a card reader to insert your card and connect to the PC.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

thirt13n
GPS: nuvi 1300

#9 Post by thirt13n » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi All

First of all, I would like to thank you guys for the great technical support & advice you have provided for us Garmin GPS users.

My GPS is the nuvi 1300 model. (Saw a sticker saying Taiwan, believe this is not a localized set)
I have read through the various threads in the forum and have performed the following:
- Downloaded the gmapsupp_v540.zip from http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 5&start=40
- Extracted it as such (gmapsupp.img into Map folder in micro SD card), (product.JCV into Map/JCV in micro SD card)
- From my GPS, I went to settings > maps > info , I saw the following 2 maps:
MSM 2012 NT v5.40
City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2011.20

Does that mean the new maps have been successfully installed?
I read somewhere in the forum that it is not recommended to use both set of maps. If that is the case, should i untick City Navigator maps?
Or is it okay to use both?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice!

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#10 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:42 pm

thirt13n wrote:Hi All

First of all, I would like to thank you guys for the great technical support & advice you have provided for us Garmin GPS users.

My GPS is the nuvi 1300 model. (Saw a sticker saying Taiwan, believe this is not a localized set)
I have read through the various threads in the forum and have performed the following:
- Downloaded the gmapsupp_v540.zip from http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 5&start=40
- Extracted it as such (gmapsupp.img into Map folder in micro SD card), (product.JCV into Map/JCV in micro SD card)
- From my GPS, I went to settings > maps > info , I saw the following 2 maps:
MSM 2012 NT v5.40
City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2011.20

Does that mean the new maps have been successfully installed?
I read somewhere in the forum that it is not recommended to use both set of maps. If that is the case, should i untick City Navigator maps?
Or is it okay to use both?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice!

Use either map, not both :-'

Please do NOT double post on same topic. :tq:
Your other post has been deleted