Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:45 am 

GPS: none
Hi,

I just bought (today) a new Garmin 1350 local set from Challenger

How do i know the version of the map in my device? So that i will know whether i should update or not.

Sorry for this noob question. How do i update the map?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:17 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
donut wrote:
Hi,

I just bought (today) a new Garmin 1350 local set from Challenger

How do i know the version of the map in my device? So that i will know whether i should update or not.

Sorry for this noob question. How do i update the map?

MainMenu - Tools - Settings - Map - Map Info

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:06 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 1350
Hi Everyone,

Need some help. I am using Nuvi1350, i bought the unit locally some time back but could not seem to get a unlock code from the Garmin Singapore website.
Anyway, i downloaded from the below link under Garmin User B and manage to unlocked the map with my Unit ID, created a MAP folder in my 1350 (i got no SD card slot)
viewtopic.php?p=153923#p153923
The strange thing is that i cannot seem to find the original map file on my 1350, so i guess i have 2 maps on my device. Here's what i see:
Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2011.30
[1] MSM RC3
[2] MSM
City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2009.31

Everything seems to be working when i uncheck the NT2009.31 but my GPS seems to hang quite oftenly when calculating route, it always gets stuck at 80%.

Is MSM and MSM RC3 trying to work together and causing issues? Do i need to get rid of my original map file first? If so, where can i find it?

Eddie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:16 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi 2465
I think the first thing you should tell us is how many maps have you ticked under myMaps setting? It should have only one map ticked/selected.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:36 am 

doodie7 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Need some help. I am using Nuvi1350, i bought the unit locally some time back but could not seem to get a unlock code from the Garmin Singapore website.
Anyway, i downloaded from the below link under Garmin User B and manage to unlocked the map with my Unit ID, created a MAP folder in my 1350 (i got no SD card slot)
The strange thing is that i cannot seem to find the original map file on my 1350, so i guess i have 2 maps on my device. Here's what i see:
[1] MSM RC3
[2] MSM

Everything seems to be working when i uncheck the NT2009.31 but my GPS seems to hang quite oftenly when calculating route, it always gets stuck at 80%.

Is MSM and MSM RC3 trying to work together and causing issues? Do i need to get rid of my original map file first? If so, where can i find it?

Eddie

Oops, sorry abt that. I only have the options to check either malsingmaps [1 & 2] or city navigator. I couldn't choose 1 or 2. See below pics:

Eddie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 am 

GPS: GArmin on mobile phone
hai, i am new here. need some advise regarding the update of map for garmin. currently i am using garmin gps MobileXT 2008 software on my nokie E71.
actually i cant find where to download the update file? i also donno what to donwload?there are version and i donno which to choose.
they how to extract it and transfer it to my mobile phone.

thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: MFM
doodie7 wrote:
doodie7 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

[1] MSM RC3
[2] MSM

Eddie

Oops, sorry abt that. I only have the options to check either malsingmaps [1 & 2] or city navigator. I couldn't choose 1 or 2. See below pics:
Eddie

Hi Eddie,
Where did you got that RC3 build anyway? That version only released for mappers to test and got bugs that need to be addressed. Please download the official release from garmin.com.sg.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: MFM
muhammadshahrul wrote:
hai, i am new here. need some advise regarding the update of map for garmin. currently i am using garmin gps MobileXT 2008 software on my nokie E71.
actually i cant find where to download the update file? i also donno what to donwload?there are version and i donno which to choose.
they how to extract it and transfer it to my mobile phone.

thank you.

Hi muhammadshahrul,

1. Please download the map from HERE.
2. Extract the gmapsupp.img from the zip files to Garmin folder of your E71 (usually installed in your microSD card).
3. Ignore product.jvc files since your model does not support junction view.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:07 pm 

doodie7 wrote:
doodie7 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

[1] MSM RC3
[2] MSM

Eddie

Eddie

Hi Eddie,
Where did you got that RC3 build anyway? That version only released for mappers to test and got bugs that need to be addressed. Please download the official release from garmin.com.sg.

That's strange, i d/l from MSM forum viewtopic.php?p=153923#p153923
The latest from the bottom of the thread, am i not suppose to use that one?
gmapsuppNT_2011_30.zip [22.12 MiB]
Garmin website refuse to give me an unlock code although i bought a local set.

ed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:18 pm 

GPS: garmin 255w
i am trying to generate unlock code from http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/4community

It prompted Invalid ID or passcode. Please try again.

i am using the username and password i am login to this forum and put in Unit ID on Garmin 255.

Is there step that i have missed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 68  Next