Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

POSTING FEEDBACK
You can post feedback via the forum interface or by using the Malsingmaps Garmin Webmap. Either way works for us. When you post a feedback, just ensure that your feedback goes to the right locality. That's it! Thanks for your support!

Post subject: MSM and toll avoidance
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 pm 

GPS: nokia 5800
when i avoid using toll road in my garmin a10 with MSM map, the suggested route is not efficient, this is because MSM regards some part of the toll road as toll road eventho it is toll free.

1. from sungai dua to juru is toll free, pls change the status of this section of highway to toll free so routing can be more efficient.

2. when going to penang with toll road avoidance option, MSM map always suggest to go thru ferry, as penang bridge is considered a toll road, but ferry also cost money, in fact ferry is more expensive and much slower than penang bridge, so pls change penang bridge to a toll free road.

3. after toll lunas this whole section is toll free:

4. after toll jitra, to bukit kayu hitam is toll free.

5. this one too, the beginning of B.K.E

see garmin avoids it.

thank you.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: nĂ¼vi 255W
Hi kimmchii,

Thank you for your input. We will consider your input for modifying the map data.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:26 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
kimmchii wrote:
when i avoid using toll road in my garmin a10 with MSM map, the suggested route is not efficient, this is because MSM regards some part of the toll road as toll road eventho it is toll free. - First of all, need to know your map version installed (2011.xx)

1. from sungai dua to juru is toll free, pls change the status of this section of highway to toll free so routing can be more efficient.
-The data is already there even in our source files. Even in MSM NT 5.xx also avoid the toll plaza but use PLUS highway from Juru AutoCity to Sungai Dua Exit.

2. when going to penang with toll road avoidance option, MSM map always suggest to go thru ferry, as penang bridge is considered a toll road, but ferry also cost money, in fact ferry is more expensive and much slower than penang bridge, so pls change penang bridge to a toll free road. - This is not the ideal case. What if other people use the same preference in navigating mode but had to pay toll to go to Penang Island eventhou the willing to take ferries? They will report the same problems and said the being lured to use penang bridge because MSM stated it as toll free.

3. after toll lunas this whole section is toll free: - Done already. Its in Garmin NT 2011.30

4. after toll jitra, to bukit kayu hitam is toll free. -
Revision: 24870
Author: miezarnd
Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:17:43 PM
Change E1 to toll free highway towards Bukit Kayu Hitam - (kimmchii)
----
Modified : /sources/trunk/01300150-Kedah-Perlis.mp

5. this one too, the beginning of B.K.E - No toll road already applied in 2011.30

see garmin avoids it.

thank you.

Anyway, we will check the whole map for consistency to avoid the same issue occurred. We really appreciate your feed back so that we can improve.

Regards,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 pm 
Expert Tracker
Expert Tracker

GPS: N/A
Hi kimmchii, i dy check now your post this photo is not malsingmaps map or masmap which map are u using ???please see below

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:58 pm 

GPS: nokia 5800
miezarnd wrote:
First of all, need to know your map version installed (2011.xx)

my garmin a10 MSM map is outdated, 2010.20. sorry :oops:
i have however downloaded and installed
MSM NT for Mapsource v5.33 Dec 2011 for my mapsource in pc
and
MSM NT v5.33 Dec 2011 for my garmin a10.

Quote:
1. -The data is already there even in our source files. Even in MSM NT 5.xx also avoid the toll plaza but use PLUS highway from Juru AutoCity to Sungai Dua Exit.

yes you are right, i stand corrected.

Quote:
2. This is not the ideal case. What if other people use the same preference in navigating mode but had to pay toll to go to Penang Island eventhou the willing to take ferries? They will report the same problems and said the being lured to use penang bridge because MSM stated it as toll free.

the reason i proposed the penang bridge be labelled as non-toll road was because my garmin with old MSM map 2010.20 try its best to avoid the bridge and like to route thru the ferry, but i checked again with MSM NT v5.33 Dec 2011 it is working correctly now. i dont know what has been modified and it is great now, bravo to the MSM team.

Quote:
3. after toll lunas this whole section is toll free: - Done already. Its in Garmin NT 2011.30

thanks for the info.

Quote:
4. after toll jitra, to bukit kayu hitam is toll free. -
Revision: 24870
Author: miezarnd
Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:17:43 PM
Change E1 to toll free highway towards Bukit Kayu Hitam - (kimmchii)
----
Modified : /sources/trunk/01300150-Kedah-Perlis.mp

thank you.

Quote:
5. this one too, the beginning of B.K.E - No toll road already applied in 2011.30

yes you are right. :good:

Quote:
Anyway, we will check the whole map for consistency to avoid the same issue occurred. We really appreciate your feed back so that we can improve.

Regards,

great to know that and you are most welcome.

ktan wrote:
Hi kimmchii,

Thank you for your input. We will consider your input for modifying the map data.

you are welcome.

tbh1577 wrote:
Hi kimmchii, i dy check now your post this photo is not malsingmaps map or masmap which map are u using ???please see below

i was using some other map. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:43 pm 
Expert Tracker
Expert Tracker

GPS: N/A
Hi Bro Kimmchii, No Problem !!! Enjoy Our Malsingmaps Thanks :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: