Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Travels of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:25 am 
Offline
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
GPS: Nokia E52
I put together a slideshow of our travels in 2011.



Our Travels of 2011 -- locations in video above are, in sequence: Canada (Nova Scotia), Kelantan (PCB), Indonesia (Anak Krakatau), Malaysia (our Setia Alam house), Indonesia (Prambanan, Mt Merapi, Jogjakarta, Borobudur, Dieng Plateau), Malaysia (SMS Faris Petra, Tg Tuan, Port Dickson, Kuala Selangor), Myanmar (Bagan, Irrawaddy, Mandalay, Yangon), Malaysia (Ketereh), India (Darjeeling, Kolkata), Malaysia (Kg Penarik, K. Terengganu), Australia (Great Ocean Road, Ballarat, Bright, Mt Hotham), Malaysia (Kenny G @ KLCC), Canada (Niagara, Ottawa, Quebec, Gaspe, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Hamilton, Toronto), Malaysia (Pangkor Island, Pantai Batu Buruk, MAS B747, KLIA), Indonesia (Bromo, Surabaya), Norway (Fjords, Bergen, Tromso, Aurora, Oslo), Japan (Nikko, Hakodate, Sapporo, Otaru, Kushiro, Nagano), HongKong.

Looking forward to more adventures in 2012. :D

_________________
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Travels of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline
Senior Mapper

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 2032
Location: Penang, Malaysia
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
naim wrote:
I put together a slideshow of our travels in 2011.



Our Travels of 2011 -- locations in video above are, in sequence: Canada (Nova Scotia), Kelantan (PCB), Indonesia (Anak Krakatau), Malaysia (our Setia Alam house), Indonesia (Prambanan, Mt Merapi, Jogjakarta, Borobudur, Dieng Plateau), Malaysia (SMS Faris Petra, Tg Tuan, Port Dickson, Kuala Selangor), Myanmar (Bagan, Irrawaddy, Mandalay, Yangon), Malaysia (Ketereh), India (Darjeeling, Kolkata), Malaysia (Kg Penarik, K. Terengganu), Australia (Great Ocean Road, Ballarat, Bright, Mt Hotham), Malaysia (Kenny G @ KLCC), Canada (Niagara, Ottawa, Quebec, Gaspe, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Hamilton, Toronto), Malaysia (Pangkor Island, Pantai Batu Buruk, MAS B747, KLIA), Indonesia (Bromo, Surabaya), Norway (Fjords, Bergen, Tromso, Aurora, Oslo), Japan (Nikko, Hakodate, Sapporo, Otaru, Kushiro, Nagano), HongKong.

Looking forward to more adventures in 2012. :D


Wow! Bro Naim,

I thought I was a heavy traveller when I used to make 6-8 business trips a year but you beat me hands-down. I still harbour the desire to go and see the Aurora Borealis with you but not sure if I can keep pace.

_________________
Lean not on your own understanding


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Travels of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:36 am 
Offline
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
GPS: Nokia E52
Thanks, bro, above are all pure adventures, at own costs. I seldom do biz trips nowadays, had enough. :D

_________________
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Travels of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 am 
Offline
Senior Mapper

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 2032
Location: Penang, Malaysia
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
naim wrote:
Thanks, bro, above are all pure adventures, at own costs. I seldom do biz trips nowadays, had enough. :D

Yes, Bro Naim,

I presumed that.

In my case, my biz trips days are also over as I am no longer employable. :thumbsdown:

_________________
Lean not on your own understanding


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Travels of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
GPS: Nokia E52
Simply put, I have to travel to live. :)

_________________
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Travels of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 pm 
Offline
Senior Mapper

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 2032
Location: Penang, Malaysia
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
naim wrote:
Simply put, I have to travel to live. :)

????? :ko:

_________________
Lean not on your own understanding


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Travels of 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:41 pm 
Offline
Qualified Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 330
Location: Subang Jaya
GPS: 60CSx, CO300, Garmin GA25MCX antenna, Nuvi 1460, Nuvi 650, Pink Nuvi 200 (BH)
naim wrote:
Simply put, I have to travel to live. :)

Yep, that explain it all. Other people get bitten by the travel at some point in their lives. You, you were born with the bug already in you.

_________________
"Aha! Papa got a new toy!" - BanBan (My 3 yr old daughter)
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Travels of 2011
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm 
Offline
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
GPS: Nokia E52
BanBan wrote:
naim wrote:
Simply put, I have to travel to live. :)

Yep, that explain it all. Other people get bitten by the travel at some point in their lives. You, you were born with the bug already in you.


My grand-dad performed his haj early last century when the Ottomans-Arabs-British war was raging in the Mecca-Medina region. He disappeared for many years, so kampong ppl thought he was dead already. Then he came home. Must be his genes dominant in me. \:D/

_________________
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group