Travels of 2011

Share your holidays and points of interest during your travels. It could also be a spot you stumbled on your way to work.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: Samsung Note 2 :D
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
Contact:

Travels of 2011

#1 Post by naim » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:25 am

I put together a slideshow of our travels in 2011.



Our Travels of 2011 -- locations in video above are, in sequence: Canada (Nova Scotia), Kelantan (PCB), Indonesia (Anak Krakatau), Malaysia (our Setia Alam house), Indonesia (Prambanan, Mt Merapi, Jogjakarta, Borobudur, Dieng Plateau), Malaysia (SMS Faris Petra, Tg Tuan, Port Dickson, Kuala Selangor), Myanmar (Bagan, Irrawaddy, Mandalay, Yangon), Malaysia (Ketereh), India (Darjeeling, Kolkata), Malaysia (Kg Penarik, K. Terengganu), Australia (Great Ocean Road, Ballarat, Bright, Mt Hotham), Malaysia (Kenny G @ KLCC), Canada (Niagara, Ottawa, Quebec, Gaspe, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Hamilton, Toronto), Malaysia (Pangkor Island, Pantai Batu Buruk, MAS B747, KLIA), Indonesia (Bromo, Surabaya), Norway (Fjords, Bergen, Tromso, Aurora, Oslo), Japan (Nikko, Hakodate, Sapporo, Otaru, Kushiro, Nagano), HongKong.

Looking forward to more adventures in 2012. :D
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Travels of 2011

#2 Post by jasonlee » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:29 am

naim wrote:I put together a slideshow of our travels in 2011.



Our Travels of 2011 -- locations in video above are, in sequence: Canada (Nova Scotia), Kelantan (PCB), Indonesia (Anak Krakatau), Malaysia (our Setia Alam house), Indonesia (Prambanan, Mt Merapi, Jogjakarta, Borobudur, Dieng Plateau), Malaysia (SMS Faris Petra, Tg Tuan, Port Dickson, Kuala Selangor), Myanmar (Bagan, Irrawaddy, Mandalay, Yangon), Malaysia (Ketereh), India (Darjeeling, Kolkata), Malaysia (Kg Penarik, K. Terengganu), Australia (Great Ocean Road, Ballarat, Bright, Mt Hotham), Malaysia (Kenny G @ KLCC), Canada (Niagara, Ottawa, Quebec, Gaspe, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Hamilton, Toronto), Malaysia (Pangkor Island, Pantai Batu Buruk, MAS B747, KLIA), Indonesia (Bromo, Surabaya), Norway (Fjords, Bergen, Tromso, Aurora, Oslo), Japan (Nikko, Hakodate, Sapporo, Otaru, Kushiro, Nagano), HongKong.

Looking forward to more adventures in 2012. :D
Wow! Bro Naim,

I thought I was a heavy traveller when I used to make 6-8 business trips a year but you beat me hands-down. I still harbour the desire to go and see the Aurora Borealis with you but not sure if I can keep pace.
Lean not on your own understanding

User avatar
naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: Samsung Note 2 :D
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
Contact:

Re: Travels of 2011

#3 Post by naim » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:36 am

Thanks, bro, above are all pure adventures, at own costs. I seldom do biz trips nowadays, had enough. :D
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Travels of 2011

#4 Post by jasonlee » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 am

naim wrote:Thanks, bro, above are all pure adventures, at own costs. I seldom do biz trips nowadays, had enough. :D
Yes, Bro Naim,

I presumed that.

In my case, my biz trips days are also over as I am no longer employable. :thumbsdown:
Lean not on your own understanding

User avatar
naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: Samsung Note 2 :D
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
Contact:

Re: Travels of 2011

#5 Post by naim » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Simply put, I have to travel to live. :)
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Travels of 2011

#6 Post by jasonlee » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 pm

naim wrote:Simply put, I have to travel to live. :)
????? :ko:
Lean not on your own understanding

User avatar
BanBan
Qualified Mapper
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: 60CS, Unbranded MCX ext. antenna, Nuvi 1460, 2565.
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Re: Travels of 2011

#7 Post by BanBan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:41 pm

naim wrote:Simply put, I have to travel to live. :)
Yep, that explain it all. Other people get bitten by the travel at some point in their lives. You, you were born with the bug already in you.
"Aha! Papa got a new toy!" - BanBan (My 3 yr old daughter)
Image

User avatar
naim
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: Samsung Note 2 :D
Location: Setia Damai in Setia Alam
Contact:

Re: Travels of 2011

#8 Post by naim » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm

BanBan wrote:
naim wrote:Simply put, I have to travel to live. :)
Yep, that explain it all. Other people get bitten by the travel at some point in their lives. You, you were born with the bug already in you.
My grand-dad performed his haj early last century when the Ottomans-Arabs-British war was raging in the Mecca-Medina region. He disappeared for many years, so kampong ppl thought he was dead already. Then he came home. Must be his genes dominant in me. \:D/
Pls visit my travel pictorials at http://naim.my

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests