Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Nuvi 2465
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:43 am 

GPS: Garmine 2465
My first 2465 unit have that irritating tone. Complained to the local garmin office and they are shocked that mine have this problem. Gave me a replacement set and the set have no such speed warning tone.

kondo wrote:
The above speed limit tone is embedded into current firmware for 2xxx series GPSr and you cannot disable it. All my 2xxx series got that tone which for me also irritating. Cannot drive above speed limit since my co-pilot (wife besides me) always alerted even when she asleep... ](*,)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:48 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
discoburg wrote:
My first 2465 unit have that irritating tone. Complained to the local garmin office and they are shocked that mine have this problem. Gave me a replacement set and the set have no such speed warning tone.

kondo wrote:
The above speed limit tone is embedded into current firmware for 2xxx series GPSr and you cannot disable it. All my 2xxx series got that tone which for me also irritating. Cannot drive above speed limit since my co-pilot (wife besides me) always alerted even when she asleep... ](*,)

I believe this feature was introduced after firmware v2.80 (most likely via v3.60). If you don't like it you can revert to firmware v2.80

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 pm 

GPS: nuvi 2465
Hi all,
Yesterday, I’m having bad experience on my GPS (GARMIN 2465) :( ….and really appreciate your expertise on this problem.

Fyi… Just bought my GPS a few month ago (Feb 2012). Still new :) hehehehe.
Yesterday, travelled to Terengganu for a meeting and my GPS worked very well during that time =D> . Then I left my GPS in car for meeting and it’s a very hot day. After meeting @ 3.00 pm, switch on my GPS and suddenly it hang :-? …then switch off. I switch on again…and nothing appears…all blank :-?

During travel back to KL, still try switch on my GPS (more than 50 times…I think or may be more)…but still nothing happen (blank). I think this is may be because of battery weak. Try to connect to GARMIN car power cable. Also same, nothing happen. Start thinking my car power cable also having problem. At home, try to connect the GPS to computer…blank :-? :( .

Last night…just think to bring the GPS to shop and to ask them why. THENNNN
This morning…just try to switch on and…every OK…everything appears like NORMAL :shock: …WHY???? ? Ghost in the machine???

Anybody experience on this thing… GPS battery “flat” if too hot…need time to get cool OR a ghost in the machine??????

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:10 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
sazhar_74 wrote:
Hi all,
Yesterday, I’m having bad experience on my GPS (GARMIN 2465) :( ….and really appreciate your expertise on this problem.

Fyi… Just bought my GPS a few month ago (Feb 2012). Still new :) hehehehe.
Yesterday, travelled to Terengganu for a meeting and my GPS worked very well during that time =D> . Then I left my GPS in car for meeting and it’s a very hot day. After meeting @ 3.00 pm, switch on my GPS and suddenly it hang :-? …then switch off. I switch on again…and nothing appears…all blank :-?

During travel back to KL, still try switch on my GPS (more than 50 times…I think or may be more)…but still nothing happen (blank). I think this is may be because of battery weak. Try to connect to GARMIN car power cable. Also same, nothing happen. Start thinking my car power cable also having problem. At home, try to connect the GPS to computer…blank :-? :( .

Last night…just think to bring the GPS to shop and to ask them why. THENNNN
This morning…just try to switch on and…every OK…everything appears like NORMAL :shock: …WHY???? ? Ghost in the machine???

Anybody experience on this thing… GPS battery “flat” if too hot…need time to get cool OR a ghost in the machine??????

You must have very bad luck to have "hantu" in your Nuvi :mrgreen:

Did you charge your Nuvi overnight ? There is a possibility that your Nuvi was drain completely flat when you left it in car ?

As still under warranty, bring back to shop for a health check.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 pm 

GPS: eTrex Vista Hcx, Sumsung Galaxy S3
Probably LCD will become dark when after getting hot. so you couldn't see anything.
just not so sure about that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:12 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
When the temp inside yr car exceeds 50C the battery might malfunction and discharge itself completely.

:nehneh: On the funny side, have a pontianak (GPS model) to look after when you go meet the other horrible hantu la.... Hahaaaa. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:13 am 

Hi all,

SB,
it's ok to have hantu in Nuvi ...because i can throw it in "lombong"
how about "hantu" in car...hehehe :-k
Ok, correct...during traveling, i charge my Nuvi...but when i left it, i already switch it off...so i'm sure that suppose to be the battery still have power...
agree with you...need to bring back to shop for healthy check.

wblee,
not sure about that..but when i switch on before it hang...it operate as normal...can see all.

cruiser,
agree with you...
when i switch on this morning...the battery indicator "red"...that mean the battery already drain out it self completely yesterday during/at very hot condition.
....and how do you know that? Did you experience it before? :) ....

As of now, my Nuvi work ok...just try it this afternoon =D>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:54 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi 760; 765 & 2465; 2576LM
Hi,

I also have the Nuvi 2465, and initially encountered this issue. The battery had drained off completely. Trying to charge from car or computer did not work. It was only through charging from the wall plug (over some period of time ) that it really got charged. I thought I had a lemon.

I suspect that the problem could be:
i) that while having turned the unit off, I did not subsequently press 'power off', and in the process of dimounting the unit, I might have inadvertantly touched the screen and that might have kind of kept it on. Subsequently I have been giving extra attention to turning the unit off before dismounting.
ii) I also noticed once that although I had the car charger connected, the charging was actually not going on as evidenced by the fact that the small green light at the car lighter point was not lighted up. It was due to a poor contact there. I now make sure that whenever the charger is plugged into the car point, there is proper contact.

Having taken care of the above two, I have not encountered this issue again; since 6 months or so.

Best Wishes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 am 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
sazhar_74 wrote:
.....and how do you know that? Did you experience it before? :) ....

Hi sazhar_74,

Good to know that yr satnav is back to life and up to its routine again!!! :thumbsup:

Nooooo, I did not experience it like yours was but suspected it very much as I did encounter several other members reporting this in the TomTom forum some time last year when they were holidaying in Spain.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 am 

Hi all,
Sorry…Unable to connect to internet from last 2 days. Having problem with my laptop.

Scyap,
Good to have friend that experienced similar problem…and know possible cause to the problem.
TQVM…and your advice is good to follow :)

Cruiser,
Yes...currently… it’s back to normal.

Another thing, what we can share here…DON’T leave your Nuvi in car.
1. Safety…To avoid the thief from stealing your Nuvi. SAFETY FIRST…hehehhe :)
2. In very hot condition (Parking area…without roof)…the Nuvi battery can malfunction and drain out itself completely.
3. Ensure your Nuvi is really “OFF” before you left it in the car to avoid battery drain out.

Dear Sifus and Friends...please correct me if i'm wrong...hehehhehehe :peace:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next