Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:11 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:05 pm
Posts: 1
GPS: Not sure yet
Has anyone successfully installed MSM on a US purchased Kenwood KNA-G431 ?

They are listed there for about USD$250 - Blank devices with no Maps installed, so if I wanted Garmin Maps I'd have to see if I can buy them. If I could buy in the US and install MSM I'd be very happy. Local quote for G431 was $700 installed......

** Bro baloo, please use our SEARCH feature before asking question.
Moving post to relevant thread ... / SB **


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:30 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Singapura
GPS: Nuvifone A50, Nuvi 2565, Kenwood DNX7380BT
Had just installed a DNX7380BT and copied the MSM 2.7 map to the SD card (renaming it to gmapsup2.img) but no joy. The unit can't detect the MSM map.

Also copied the poi files in the sd card "/garmin/poi" folder and no joy as well.

And there is no micro usb connector at the rear of this unit. So... can't perform any kind of map update or POI upload at all.

Anyone has any idea how to get MSM map or the POI files to work at all?

Thank you very much in advance.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 2555
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
civic wrote:
Had just installed a DNX7380BT and copied the MSM 2.7 map to the SD card (renaming it to gmapsup2.img) but no joy. The unit can't detect the MSM map.

Also copied the poi files in the sd card "/garmin/poi" folder and no joy as well.

And there is no micro usb connector at the rear of this unit. So... can't perform any kind of map update or POI upload at all.

Anyone has any idea how to get MSM map or the POI files to work at all?

Thank you very much in advance.

Why rename it to gmapsup2.img???

Try Garmin folder of SD Card. File name should be gmapsupp.img.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:10 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:32 am
Posts: 1
GPS: Dopod P800W
My kenwood dnx7320 garmin gps is stuck at the splash screen, rest of the unit works great. I went to kenwood and they said they cant update it. because to update, they need to go into the main page of garmin. They ask me to take it out n send to them for service, they said its motherboard. May cost $200++. I scoured google and not much is discussed about this model. Does it have the mini usb port at the back? Is it possible to update firmware using a burned cd or install igo? Or a safe boot? Any help appreciated. Thanks!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:18 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Singapura
GPS: Nuvifone A50, Nuvi 2565, Kenwood DNX7380BT
Thanks for the reply. Was outta town for a while.. was trying to run 2 maps at the same time since the original one has more junctions views but also wanted to use the MSM version for more up-to-date maps.

That was easily done in Nuvi and even mobile Xt version running multiple maps. Just couldn't get 2 maps running in Kenwood. Tried filenames like gmapsup2.img, gmapprom.img and others but still no joy. Anyone sucessfully done this before?

Zeus73 wrote:
civic wrote:
Had just installed a DNX7380BT and copied the MSM 2.7 map to the SD card (renaming it to gmapsup2.img) but no joy. The unit can't detect the MSM map.

Also copied the poi files in the sd card "/garmin/poi" folder and no joy as well.

And there is no micro usb connector at the rear of this unit. So... can't perform any kind of map update or POI upload at all.

Anyone has any idea how to get MSM map or the POI files to work at all?

Thank you very much in advance.

Why rename it to gmapsup2.img???

Try Garmin folder of SD Card. File name should be gmapsupp.img.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Posts: 4
GPS: Kenwood DNX 8120 and Nuvi 310
freeman wrote:
My kenwood dnx7320 garmin gps is stuck at the splash screen, rest of the unit works great. I went to kenwood and they said they cant update it. because to update, they need to go into the main page of garmin. They ask me to take it out n send to them for service, they said its motherboard. May cost $200++. I scoured google and not much is discussed about this model. Does it have the mini usb port at the back? Is it possible to update firmware using a burned cd or install igo? Or a safe boot? Any help appreciated. Thanks!


Hi,

It shouldn't be any problem for the Kenwood Unit. I think you just need to update the version of the Garmin. Please email me with your contact number and should be able to help you.

lyons.tan@gmail.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:29 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:12 am
Posts: 19
GPS: Nuvi 265W
Kenwood DNX7380BT
I just bought a ken wood DNX7380BT. everything works really well just that the interface kind of lags. I've updated to the latest firmware from ken wood. Garmin side says everything up to date.

But these are the few main problems I have encountered using the unit.

1. map lags ALOT. Example will be like, I just entered bartley viaduct from AMK Ave 1 -> CTE, the GPS still show I am at the traffic light entering into CTE from AMK Ave 1.

2. no matter what map i load in, from lesser polygons to no custom POIs, it still lags. Even I use the free map from the installer which is 2009 and only 30mb, sometimes it still hangs.

3. how do i remove the custom POI that garmin copied over into the unit's USB?

4. i bought a local DNX7380BT, am I entitled to the local map update from Garmin? Tried going to the site and key in my unit ID, system doesn't recognize.

UPDATE: I just received email from garmin that even local ken wood sets are not eligible for maps update. You will have to go through ken wood to update it.

Appreciate if any bros manage to get their unit working fine to help a bit. Driving me crazy after spending 2k on this head unit only to realize my 265W is so much more reliable.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:29 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Singapura
GPS: Nuvifone A50, Nuvi 2565, Kenwood DNX7380BT
hv u tried resetting the unit by press n holding the lower left button with the little red triangle?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:44 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:12 am
Posts: 19
GPS: Nuvi 265W
Kenwood DNX7380BT
did that a couple of times already. Still didn't help ](*,)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:24 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Singapura
GPS: Nuvifone A50, Nuvi 2565, Kenwood DNX7380BT
I dun hv d problems u faced bro.. coz I immediately update d firmware to 1.6 when I first got it.. now there's a new firmware 1.7.. why dun u try updating it n see how it goes.. good luck there


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group