MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
jason1986
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:55 pm
GPS: Garmin nuvi 255w
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#61 Post by jason1986 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Zeus73 wrote:
jason1986 wrote:Hi guys, im using a local 255w, updated to 2011.3, it seems that the new jcv file is smaller than the one already on my garmin. can i replace the file in my garmin, or am i supposed rename it and let it work together with the old jcv file?

thanks for the help.
You are suppose to replace it.
thanks zeus!

bclam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm
GPS: Garmin NUVI 255W
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#62 Post by bclam » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:39 pm

I bought a Garmin 255W from USA. Is it support JCV in MSM map released map?
How do I unlock to see the JCV if my 225W not support for JCV?

Thanks.............

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#63 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:53 pm

bclam wrote:I bought a Garmin 255W from USA. Is it support JCV in MSM map released map?
How do I unlock to see the JCV if my 225W not support for JCV?

Thanks.............

Sorry, only localized Nuvis will have functional JCV for Malaysia-Singapore Garmin compiled maps.

1300181
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 am
GPS: Nuvi 1300
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#64 Post by 1300181 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi,

I'm try to feedback about the map didn't work correct on Lane Asst.

http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal
Lane Asst only show single arrow, tested at those got few lane direction location.

Map downloaded from Singapore Garmin website working fine.
http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/
Lane Asst showing more than one arrow, tested at those got few lane direction location.

Above tested with same model of Garmin GPS.

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#65 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 am

1300181 wrote:Hi,

I'm try to feedback about the map didn't work correct on Lane Asst.

http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal
Lane Asst only show single arrow, tested at those got few lane direction location.

Map downloaded from Singapore Garmin website working fine.
http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/
Lane Asst showing more than one arrow, tested at those got few lane direction location.

Above tested with same model of Garmin GPS.

Please provide location examples plus screen shots so we can investigate your findings. :tq:

1300181
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 am
GPS: Nuvi 1300
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#66 Post by 1300181 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
1300181 wrote:Hi,

I'm try to feedback about the map didn't work correct on Lane Asst.

http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal
Lane Asst only show single arrow, tested at those got few lane direction location.

Map downloaded from Singapore Garmin website working fine.
http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/
Lane Asst showing more than one arrow, tested at those got few lane direction location.

Above tested with same model of Garmin GPS.

Please provide location examples plus screen shots so we can investigate your findings. :tq:


Actually i found all the junctions didn't show Lane Asst.
Example along below roads at those junctions the Lane Asst should work (Work on other map).

Example 1:
Upper Changi Road East -> Loyang Ave -> Tampines Ave 7

Example 2:
Toa Payoh Lorong 6 -> Kim Keat Link -> Bendemeer Road

1300181
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 am
GPS: Nuvi 1300
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#67 Post by 1300181 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Actually i found all the junctions didn't show Lane Asst.
Example along below roads at those junctions the Lane Asst should work (Work on other map).

Example 1:
Upper Changi Road East -> Loyang Ave -> Tampines Ave 7

Example 2:
Toa Payoh Lorong 6 -> Kim Keat Link -> Bendemeer Road[/quote]



Hi,
Any status why MalSing map un-function in Lane Asst ?
Even tried on latest v5.41, also same issue.

Thanks.

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1192
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: SIRFstar III
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#68 Post by wsian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Lane info is functioning. It is just not all junctions are having it. For SG, about 20 points has been configured. These data need to be built up, together with contribution from members.
lnf.png
lnf.png (130.89 KiB) Viewed 63902 times

ryanwkw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 11:27 am
GPS: kenwood garmin
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#69 Post by ryanwkw » Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 pm

hey guys i got question regarding JCV. i have a kenwood player and its using msm nt map. I hv a nuvi which has JCV in it. Can i transfer the nuvi junction view into this msm nt?

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: MSM Junction View & Lane Info using our Garmin compiler

#70 Post by Redstorm » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 pm

ryanwkw wrote:hey guys i got question regarding JCV. i have a kenwood player and its using msm nt map. I hv a nuvi which has JCV in it. Can i transfer the nuvi junction view into this msm nt?
You can't simply transfer the JCV file from your map in your Nuvi into your Kenwood hoping that it will work. It doesn't work this way. In the first place, in order for any JCV to work, you Kenwood must support JCV.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests