Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
pandalai wrote:
Hi, i have a Garmin nuvi 2565, bought in Singapore late last year.
Just bought a map online (@ Garmin store) for Australia and New Zealand.
All goes well, until i tried to 'add the map to the device', and i was prompted that the device is not supported!!
"This device doesn't support City Navigator® Australia & New Zealand NT (166MB). Please connect a different device and try again"

oh dear .. that is USD160!! gosh

Anyone has this problem too? How else can i download the map onto my device? I am sure the map is compatible.
Thanks

There is no reason why a Garmin device does not support a Garmin map. Try installing the map on your microSD card. On the card, create a Map folder and dump the map there.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:50 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
pandalai wrote:
Hi, i have a Garmin nuvi 2565, bought in Singapore late last year.
Just bought a map online (@ Garmin store) for Australia and New Zealand.
All goes well, until i tried to 'add the map to the device', and i was prompted that the device is not supported!!
"This device doesn't support City Navigator® Australia & New Zealand NT (166MB). Please connect a different device and try again"

oh dear .. that is USD160!! gosh

Anyone has this problem too? How else can i download the map onto my device? I am sure the map is compatible.
Thanks

I think your problem is that your Nuvi model is not in the approved list of sets for the map. Thus the system prevents you from downloading into your set

Suggest you have to take this up with Garmin and seek a refund or they find a workaround.

Take note that on line purchase restricts the use of map to just one device vs physical purchase in uSD card in which you can transfer uSD card to another device when you change or upgrade your Garmin PND.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:05 pm 
Expert Tracker
Expert Tracker

GPS: N/A
nuvi 2575r after updated software 4.80 can not select country (like spore or msia) how ? help :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:32 pm 
Advanced Tracker
Advanced Tracker

GPS: Nuvi 2575R Android M9
How you do restore setting by touh

1.Touch Tools>Settings.
2.Select an option :Upper Left

Attachments:
capture-20120520-123116.png
capture-20120520-123116.png [ 33.32 KiB | Viewed 933 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 pm 

GPS: Asus P750
Just gotten a 2575RLM to replace my 1460, things are working good.

I notice that when a select a route to e.g. Suntec during ERP hours, it will show "road toll expired" when when ERP is in operation. Anyone can share what's happening?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:55 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: 2575 + 40LM
I am also on 4.80; no problems selecting Singapore or Malaysia.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:52 pm 

GPS: Garmin 2565
Hi to all,
Need some advice. Just bought a Garmin 2565 on friday, was using car charger on Friday whole day and battery show full charge. When I get back to the car the next day, the unit not able to turn on, so I plug in car charger to start up, after starting, I unplug the charger to see the battery strength, it totally drain. What is the problem, is there anything wrong with the battery? Any setting I need to do? Off Bluetooth which I don't think so, since the set is off, Bluetooth shouldn't be working. Anyone face this, any advice. If battery got problem, do the navicom do a one to one exchange.

Next is the Bluetooth, I try to connect to my Nokia E51, it show connected but no sound is heard from garmin when phone call is active, and when I try to disable the Bluetooth, it does not disable and automatically enable back the Bluetooth. Haiz, thought upgrading to a better set, end up giving me more problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
law_wish wrote:
Hi to all,
Need some advice. Just bought a Garmin 2565 on friday, was using car charger on Friday whole day and battery show full charge. When I get back to the car the next day, the unit not able to turn on, so I plug in car charger to start up, after starting, I unplug the charger to see the battery strength, it totally drain. What is the problem, is there anything wrong with the battery? Any setting I need to do? Off Bluetooth which I don't think so, since the set is off, Bluetooth shouldn't be working. Anyone face this, any advice. If battery got problem, do the navicom do a one to one exchange.

Next is the Bluetooth, I try to connect to my Nokia E51, it show connected but no sound is heard from garmin when phone call is active, and when I try to disable the Bluetooth, it does not disable and automatically enable back the Bluetooth. Haiz, thought upgrading to a better set, end up giving me more problem.

You may have left Nuvi on for whole night. Sometimes it does not shut down completely. Best is to press power button to shut it down.

Bluetooth have limited devices it can pair with. Look up the list here http://my.garmin.com/bluetooth/phones.faces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:06 am 

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Will monitor again. Anyway if I enable the Bluetooth throughout, after shutting down the unit, Bluetooth should be off as well right.

As what you say, device might not shut down completely,using the button will be better. I guess you are referring to touching the off icon on the unit after a quick press on the unit for more option.

Thanks
Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:46 am 

Fully charged again on Sunday, this morning switch on, battery almost gone, left a bit, red zone. Went back to Garmin and they replaced a new set. I ask them what if same problem again, he say come back and change again. Any bros using 2565 have this battery issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next