Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:57 am 

GPS: MDA Vario + Jentro GPS
Hi

just to share my experience with both software.

had not actually use it yet coz i am in UK. gonig back this Friday (yay !!!)

i have succesfully install mapking G10 with malaysia map. when i run it, it say "GPS is now functionning" but i am no where in the map coz GPS showing i am in UK.

my quetions is, if let say i am now in Ipoh and would like to go to Jalan Pengkalan 8,

i use search, scroll down perak and type Pengkalan.....and it show my road....if i click "GO" commnad, will it automacaily route me like tomtom ?

i am confuse when to use the start and end function ? why do we need start because the gps will locate our current location ?

i play arond with Mapking map, it is very details and show the road i wan to search.

then

i instsall IGO 2006 with Malaysia map. Sad to said it show show main road and not details at all.

any opinion and would like to share with me ?

thanks

regards

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:33 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

GPS: Holux & GARMIN
Mapking's start and end function as you can estimate your time and distance from different start point to destination. example: You have to meet up with few customer today, and they are different places, you can estimate your time and distance from start to 1st customer, then 1st customer place to 2nd customer place and so on...all before you start your car. actually there is feature in mapking to plan all the destination you will go, and plan a shortest route for you. There are few ways to search, but the search feature in mapking is easy, you can even search by key word, if you don't know which state or city the place you wanted to go .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:47 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
alankeoy wrote:
if i click "GO" commnad, will it automacaily route me like tomtom ?

No, clicking "Go" will only show that location on the map.

alankeoy wrote:
i am confuse when to use the start and end function ? why do we need start because the gps will locate our current location ?

"Start" location can be your GPS location or other places, so that you can plan your route before actually being there. After you've selected "Start" and "Destination" locations, click "Routing" to calculate. You can also simulate the routing by clicking "Simulation".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:59 pm 

Thanks for your sharing. i am not actually use it yet coz still in kl. let me give a senario.

1. i am now in Ipoh, Jalan Pengkalan 9
2. i wan to go to KL, Jln 13/6, 46200 PJ

step 1. open mapking, and gps will show my current location, Jalan Pengkalan 9
step 2. click on serach button, select KL, and type 13/6, and click "Go", will show the location of Jln 13/6, 46200 PJ, off Jln University.

Question 1. do i need to set start point for (1) and end point for (2) ?

Question 2. which button shold i click when i start driving ?

Question 3. Must i use start and end point evertime from A to B ?+

I am thinking it would function like tomtom or garmin.

I woudl appreciate any comment

thanks

btw i bought the GPS bluettoh for £40 (about RM 300) which is cheaper than in Malaysia. is it ture ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Actually when you want to use in navigating mode, click GPS after opening Mapking.

Answer 1: You just have to click screen > Destination, which will bring you to a page where you use Find, Favorites or Recent to select your destination.

Answer 2: At the same page, once you click the location as Destination, Mapking will calculate the route and bring you back to GPS navigating mode.

Answer 3: If using in navigating mode, Start location should always be GPS (actually you don't have to select GPS as Start because it is default location). If you have more than 1 destination, in navigating mode, click screen > Destination > Routing which will bring you to the Route page, you can add more destinations at the Destination box. You can also rearrange any destinations to suit your needs. After finishing, click Routing > OK. This will bring you back to navigating mode.

BTW, I'm using Mapking G10.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:56 am 

Dear dvpro

thanks for your answer.

for your Answer 3, i can just ignore the STart beacuse GPS is my start point. so which ever place i wan to go, i just select as "End". and i can start driving ?

sorry for being so stupid because i have not tried it yet so i am just famliarising myself. 3 more days to go..i am using G10 too. is it better to use mapking 2007 ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:48 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Actually the steps above are used when you are already in GPS navigating mode.

If you start from map view mode, and if you can find your destination (by scrolling the map), just select a location and "Add as End", click GPS, it'll bring you to the GPS navigating mode with the route ready.

If you need to find a destination by name, click the Find icon (magnifying glass). At the Find page, select finding method and enter the destination name. When you've found your destination, click and hold on the name > Add as End > OK. This will bring you to the map view page. Click GPS and you're ready to navigate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:49 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin GPS 10x + iPAQ hx2750 (Holux GPslim236 backup)
read manual .

Attachment:
MapKingG10_Eng_FullManual_2006Nov(std).pdf [1.22 MiB]
Downloaded 75 times

Post subject: Mapking not working
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:21 pm 

GPS: Dopod d810
Hi guys/gals..

I have a funny problem here..I am able to install mapking g10 on my pda,but when i try to launch the program, it closes right after the splash screen..dont think its a RAM issue because i have around 25 MB free..Please help me solve this problem..thanks a bunch

Post subject: Re: Mapking not working
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:27 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin GPS 10x + iPAQ hx2750 (Holux GPslim236 backup)
Is it the most current / newest trial version from the Mapking website? If not, get the newest version ..