Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

POSTING FEEDBACK
You can post feedback via the forum interface or by using the Malsingmaps Garmin Webmap. Either way works for us. When you post a feedback, just ensure that your feedback goes to the right locality. That's it! Thanks for your support!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 pm 

GPS: Garmin
Froze wrote:
Need advise here...

1) What is the different between MSM NT 2011.40 to a Garmin City Navigator Singapore/ Malaysia NT 2011.40? Is it only the additional in JCV in the latter?

2) If the answer to the 1st question is "Yes". Why am I still able to view JCV when my Nuvi 3790 SG/SKU is install with MSM NT 2011.40?

3) Do the MSM NT 2011.40 include the POI similar to the MSM v5.40 which has it included inside.

4) For speed alert. Why am I getting massage like "speed alert 7km/h"? Should't it be reading 70km/h? Did I miss out anything during the installation?

Thanks in advance.

wsian wrote:
Q1
MSM NT 2011.40 -> MSM data compiled by Garmin.
Garmin City Navigator 2011.40 -> Navteq / Garmin commercial data.
These are 2 different data source

Q2
MSM NT 2011.40 shared the JCV with City Navigator 2011.40

Q3
MSM NT 2011.40 is using Sep/Oct 2011 data
MSM v5.40 is latest Feb 2012 update data

Hi Bro Wsian,
as mention on Q2, I thought MSM NT 2011.40 & City Navigator 2011.40 have both JVC itself ( SGMYMAL.JCV & SgMyNav.JCV). If it is shared means I can remove or delete away the SGMYMAL.JCV. Please advice. Thanks

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:31 pm 

GPS: Garmin nüvi 2460LMT
Sorry but I have a super-noob question *embarassed*.

I just installed MSM 2012 NT 5.58 on my nuvi 2460LMT. But I seem to have problems with searching for addresses :(. For example, a typical address search would go through the following steps:

1. Select City (country is already Singapore)
2. Enter building number (e.g. 123)
3. Enter road name (e.g. ABC Road)

Then the search result is shown - with the complete address (123 ABC Road) shown. But in my case, only "ABC Road" is shown :(. Very often at a totally wrong end of the road - resulting in an unusable route :cry:

I hope the problem lies with me & not the unit, as I bought it from the US :(.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:14 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
I think Mappers have already started to do Street numbering in certain areas but it takes time to do the whole
country. For the moment, try to leave out the Street No. in your search. Wrong end of the street is still better
than wrong end of the country :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:16 pm 

bartmp8 wrote:
I think Mappers have already started to do Street numbering in certain areas but it takes time to do the whole
country. For the moment, try to leave out the Street No. in your search. Wrong end of the street is still better

So you mean to say, there is nothing wrong with the device or the way I am using it? Just that there is a lot of work to be done & street numbering is one of them?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:06 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
nyxx88 wrote:
bartmp8 wrote:

So you mean to say, there is nothing wrong with the device or the way I am using it? Just that there is a lot of work to be done & street numbering is one of them?

Unlike a commercial entity, this is a "hobby" site so we only do things in our spare time. So project is ongoing ..... :-'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:49 pm 

I have no problem with that... just wanted to make sure I didn't end up with a lemon :P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:31 pm 

GPS: Nuvi765 from France
Hello,

Please help.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 765 bought from France. I would like to install the Malaysia map temporarily.

I have downloaded the MSM NT 5.58V map. As my computer does not have a SD card slot, I extrated the file to the SD card which is put directly into the Garmin unit.

Now I see the extracted file as gmapsupp.img. There's a file with the same name exists in the Garmin memory. Do I overwrite from the PC or from the GPS unit? And if I do, will it erase the French map?

Hoping for a prompt reply as I need to use the GPS ASAP...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
C

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:35 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
CYIK wrote:
Hello,

Please help.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 765 bought from France. I would like to install the Malaysia map temporarily.

I have downloaded the MSM NT 5.58V map. As my computer does not have a SD card slot, I extracted the file to the SD card which is put directly into the Garmin unit.

Now I see the extracted file as gmapsupp.img. There's a file with the same name exists in the Garmin memory. Do I overwrite from the PC or from the GPS unit? And if I do, will it erase the French map?
Garmin Nuvi allows two gmapsupp.img to co-exist, one in Main Memory/garmin and one in SD card/garmin directory. Just use the SD card to update maps as they are released.

Hoping for a prompt reply as I need to use the GPS ASAP...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
C

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:32 pm 

GPS: Nuvi765 from France
Sorry, I have not done this before and I am so afraid of losing the French map.

But how do you update maps? Do you mean copy the file from the SD card and replace the file in the Garmin memory?

Right now each gmapsupp.img(s) are in individual memory (SD card and Garmin unit) and there's still no Malaysia map.

Do I have to program my SD card as it was an SD card for photo?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
CYIK wrote:
Sorry, I have not done this before and I am so afraid of losing the French map.

But how do you update maps? Do you mean copy the file from the SD card and replace the file in the Garmin memory?

Right now each gmapsupp.img(s) are in individual memory (SD card and Garmin unit) and there's still no Malaysia map.

Do I have to program my SD card as it was an SD card for photo?

Download our latest weekly released map from this link ( V5.58 ) : viewtopic.php?p=199752#p199752

Unzip the map file, gmapsupp.img.
Go buy a SD card.
Create a sub folder /garmin
Copy this map file gmapsupp.img into the sub folder/garmin
Plug SD card into your Nuvi.
Enjoy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 68  Next