Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: POI/GPI Matters
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:50 am 

GPS: Nuvi 2565
jasonlee wrote:
Stormsilver wrote:
Very sorry for the double posting...
As for your first question, I download Speed Trap POI and TrafficCam POI (New Series) - Updated 29th August 2009 from the Community POIs. Both wav format..
I've even tried doing it a few time but still no warning sound?? I wonder why :-k ? :( Though it's not very important but it's good to have some kind of warning when approaching these POIs... hehe.. Pls help... thank you

What you have described seems to be the correct procedure.

Did the GPS prompt you to agree to copy the POIs into the main memory so they are still available when you are not using the SD card? If so, you should answer YES.

Since you have done everything right, only thing left to try is to do a hard reset and delete all User Data. You have to back-up your Favorites first of course.

BTW, what is your Firmware version?

Thanks for the quick reply....
Nope... my Nuvi 2565 didn't prompt me to copy the POIs. Maybe I'll do that.. a hard reset... [-o<
Oh... Btw, my software version is 4.80 and GPS Firmware is 2.00

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:34 pm 

Hi jasonlee,
No luck... :( after hard reset still the same... anyway, will keep trying..

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:39 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
Stormsilver wrote:
Hi jasonlee,

Hi Bro Stormsilver,

Sorry to hear that.

Since your procedure is correct, there is nothing more I can tell you without actually seeing your device. If you are in Penang I can help but if you are elsewhere, it may be useful for you to state in your profile where you are so an experienced brother can take a look and determine whether a hospital stay for your device is necessary.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:52 am 

jasonlee wrote:
Stormsilver wrote:
Hi jasonlee,

Hi Bro Stormsilver,

Sorry to hear that.

Since your procedure is correct, there is nothing more I can tell you without actually seeing your device. If you are in Penang I can help but if you are elsewhere, it may be useful for you to state in your profile where you are so an experienced brother can take a look and determine whether a hospital stay for your device is necessary.

Hi Bro Jasonlee,

Thanks for the offer but I'm in Singapore. Anyway, tell you something even more weird... the "Deng Deng" & warning sound can be heard when I turned on the GPS simulator but for normal use on the road, no sound... do you think anyone has this experience??

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 am 
Senior Mapper

Stormsilver wrote:
Hi Bro Jasonlee,

Thanks for the offer but I'm in Singapore. Anyway, tell you something even more weird... the "Deng Deng" & warning sound can be heard when I turned on the GPS simulator but for normal use on the road, no sound... do you think anyone has this experience??

Hi Bro Stormsilver,

This is weird indeed. If the GPS behaves differently when doing simulation than when navigating under satellite lock, I would suspect there is no user remedy and will take it back to the distributor straightaway.

No, I have not heard anyone having the same experience but only people who complained about not being able to switch off the "Deng deng" alert. As for me, I love it because it helps me to maintain my driving record clean of not getting any tickets from the Malaysian traffic police after more than 45 years of driving.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:54 am 

jasonlee wrote:
Stormsilver wrote:
Hi Bro Jasonlee,

Hi Bro Stormsilver,

This is weird indeed. If the GPS behaves differently when doing simulation than when navigating under satellite lock, I would suspect there is no user remedy and will take it back to the distributor straightaway.

No, I have not heard anyone having the same experience but only people who complained about not being able to switch off the "Deng deng" alert. As for me, I love it because it helps me to maintain my driving record clean of not getting any tickets from the Malaysian traffic police after more than 45 years of driving.

Hi Bro Jasonlee,

Just wanted to tell you that after a few more "Restore" and "Hard Reset" on my Nuvi over the weekend, everything is working fine now.... :thumbsup: thank you.
Btw, 45 yrs of clean driving record is something to cheer about.... :cheers: :good:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:05 pm 
Senior Mapper

Stormsilver wrote:
Hi Bro Jasonlee,

Just wanted to tell you that after a few more "Restore" and "Hard Reset" on my Nuvi over the weekend, everything is working fine now.... :thumbsup: thank you.

Hi Bro Stormsilver,

I am happy to hear that your problem is solved. :good:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:34 pm 

jasonlee wrote:
Stormsilver wrote:
Hi Bro Jasonlee,

Hi Bro Stormsilver,

I am happy to hear that your problem is solved. :good:
It's been a long time since my last post.... just something funny that I wanted to share with you guys about all my problems of not getting the speed warning voice while using the GPS..

After all these happenings, there's actually nothing wrong with the files installation or my Nuvi unit :lol:
Reasons why I don't get warning voices while using the GPS and I get it while it's under simulation mode is because...
in simulation mode, the speed is always above 100-200 km/h....

While my daily route to office is always jam or slow in traffic, I can hardly hit above 80kmh or even 70 sometime. That explain why there's no speed warning coming from my device... :lol: Those days where I got to hear the warnings are the days when the traffic is smooth or I'm going above or near the speed limit..... hahaha...

In summary... unlike TrafficCam, SpeedCam will only sounds when you reach a certain speed... :drive: what a joke I played on myself... resetting and hard resetting... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:11 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200; Ambicom + Treo 680
jasonlee wrote:
After you have bought yourself an SD card (a 2GB card is more than enough), create a \Garmin folder in the SD card and a \POI subfolder within the \Garmin folder. Then you place the custom POI file (in the form of a .gpi file) into this \Garmin\POI subfolder.

Upon booting up, you may be asked if you wish to have the POIs copied into your GPS so that the data will still be available if you remove your SD card, it is up to you to decide what to answer. Whether you answer yes or no, the custom POI should work.

Does anyone know how to track back if say one now wants to store the POIs in the GPS rather than keep them in the card if I had previously answered No?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:40 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
palmdoc wrote:

Does anyone know how to track back if say one now wants to store the POIs in the GPS rather than keep them in the card if I had previously answered No?

Tracking back may not be possible but you still can connect your device to your PC to transfer or copy the POI folder to you main memory. Just access the hidden system folder to store it there.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next