Garmin Que - General Discussion

Discussions on Palm /Windows Mobile PDA & PDA Phone + GPS combo

Moderator: Moderators

brot
GPS: pda

Cannot view maps in gmapsupp

#1 Post by brot » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:38 am

hi im using atom pda and have installed garmin cue , gps proxy . i try to patch the map using patchimg, it can be patch to GMASUPP.img file but once i transfer the file to my pda & view it on detailed maps i cant view the maps. i figure out the problem occurs if i patch all the maps, but the map will show if i just patch 1 map that is "Kuala Lumpur West Routable" the map can be viewed on my pda.. i dont know how to solve this, can anyone help?

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

Re: Cannot view maps in gmapsupp

#2 Post by dvpro » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:34 am

Maybe you've got the earlier release of the locked map which had some issues, it's been fixed, if you've not done so, pls redownload.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

#3 Post by stimix » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:37 am

Probably he is trying to open the locked map but yet to get the unlock key! :mrgreen:

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#4 Post by dvpro » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:47 am

stimix wrote:Probably he is trying to open the locked map but yet to get the unlock key! :mrgreen:

Are you saying even without unlock codes, one is able to use the locked map if he just use only 1 maptile? If so, must amend this "loophole".
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#5 Post by stimix » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 am

dvpro wrote:
stimix wrote:Probably he is trying to open the locked map but yet to get the unlock key! :mrgreen:

Are you saying even without unlock codes, one is able to use the locked map if he just use only 1 maptile? If so, must amend this "loophole".

He probably got other Locked maps except the KL-West (The old KLR - new locked map combined KL-W & KL-E) & once he patched ONLY KL-West...hah working.... :mrgreen:

tunggua
GPS: MIO A701
Garmin Que
Mapking 2007

#6 Post by tunggua » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:22 am

I'm having a similar problem as well.

In my case, after unlocking the map in Mapsource and fixed the Joh and SG maps, then send/convert to gmapsupp.img to Garmin Que, it's viewable and works in Que :thumbsup: .

But when I activesync/copy the gmapsupp to PC and patch it with speedtraps.img with PatchIMG like I normally do with those previous/older open maps, it no longer works/viewable when transfer back to Que :cry: .

I notice that even Mapedit can't open the Mapsource unlocked gmapsupp although it worked with Que.

Any insight into this? Or any way I can include the latest speedtrap POIs .img to Que for this new map?

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#7 Post by stimix » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:33 am

tunggua wrote:I'm having a similar problem as well.

In my case, after unlocking the map in Mapsource and fixed the Joh and SG maps, then send/convert to gmapsupp.img to Garmin Que, it's viewable and works in Que :thumbsup: .

But when I activesync/copy the gmapsupp to PC and patch it with speedtraps.img with PatchIMG like I normally do with those previous/older open maps, it no longer works/viewable when transfer back to Que :cry: .

I notice that even Mapedit can't open the Mapsource unlocked gmapsupp although it worked with Que.

Any insight into this? Or any way I can include the latest speedtrap POIs .img to Que for this new map?

I pressumed u oledi got the Unlock key and successfully unlocked the map. Yes it's works in Mapsource but once u try to open in Mapedit or try to patchimg (old version, hv not try new 1 yet)..its failed.

This is common. I was told that mapsedit will not works anymoire in new locked maps to avoid abuses...& for the patchimg...probably u should try the latest version..and check (I hv not try the latest version yet :oops: )

brot
GPS: pda

#8 Post by brot » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:42 am

oh do u mean all the maps need to be unlock first ? may i ask why because not included in wiki help :-?

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#9 Post by stimix » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:53 am

brot wrote:oh do u mean all the maps need to be unlock first ? may i ask why because not included in wiki help :-?

The wiki on this matter has just been updated few days ago:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.php/Contribution_for_Map_Unlocking

Also mentioned in this HOT topic thread:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30

tunggua
GPS: MIO A701
Garmin Que
Mapking 2007

#10 Post by tunggua » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:35 am

stimix wrote: I pressumed u oledi got the Unlock key and successfully unlocked the map. Yes it's works in Mapsource but once u try to open in Mapedit or try to patchimg (old version, hv not try new 1 yet)..its failed.

This is common. I was told that mapsedit will not works anymoire in new locked maps to avoid abuses...& for the patchimg...probably u should try the latest version..and check (I hv not try the latest version yet :oops: )

Yup, the map has been successfully unlocked and it works in Que. Just that I can't combine/patch the speedtrap POIs (pauchai's 10000999.img) to it anymore.

Just tried with PatchIMG 1.1.0 build 23 and build 24, unfortunately still no go :cry: