Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:38 am 

GPS: pda
hi im using atom pda and have installed garmin cue , gps proxy . i try to patch the map using patchimg, it can be patch to GMASUPP.img file but once i transfer the file to my pda & view it on detailed maps i cant view the maps. i figure out the problem occurs if i patch all the maps, but the map will show if i just patch 1 map that is "Kuala Lumpur West Routable" the map can be viewed on my pda.. i dont know how to solve this, can anyone help?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:34 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
Maybe you've got the earlier release of the locked map which had some issues, it's been fixed, if you've not done so, pls redownload.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:37 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)
Probably he is trying to open the locked map but yet to get the unlock key! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:47 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
stimix wrote:
Probably he is trying to open the locked map but yet to get the unlock key! :mrgreen:

Are you saying even without unlock codes, one is able to use the locked map if he just use only 1 maptile? If so, must amend this "loophole".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

dvpro wrote:
stimix wrote:

Are you saying even without unlock codes, one is able to use the locked map if he just use only 1 maptile? If so, must amend this "loophole".

He probably got other Locked maps except the KL-West (The old KLR - new locked map combined KL-W & KL-E) & once he patched ONLY KL-West...hah working.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:22 am 

GPS: MIO A701
Garmin Que
Mapking 2007
I'm having a similar problem as well.

In my case, after unlocking the map in Mapsource and fixed the Joh and SG maps, then send/convert to gmapsupp.img to Garmin Que, it's viewable and works in Que :thumbsup: .

But when I activesync/copy the gmapsupp to PC and patch it with speedtraps.img with PatchIMG like I normally do with those previous/older open maps, it no longer works/viewable when transfer back to Que :cry: .

I notice that even Mapedit can't open the Mapsource unlocked gmapsupp although it worked with Que.

Any insight into this? Or any way I can include the latest speedtrap POIs .img to Que for this new map?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:33 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

tunggua wrote:
I'm having a similar problem as well.

In my case, after unlocking the map in Mapsource and fixed the Joh and SG maps, then send/convert to gmapsupp.img to Garmin Que, it's viewable and works in Que :thumbsup: .

But when I activesync/copy the gmapsupp to PC and patch it with speedtraps.img with PatchIMG like I normally do with those previous/older open maps, it no longer works/viewable when transfer back to Que :cry: .

I notice that even Mapedit can't open the Mapsource unlocked gmapsupp although it worked with Que.

Any insight into this? Or any way I can include the latest speedtrap POIs .img to Que for this new map?

I pressumed u oledi got the Unlock key and successfully unlocked the map. Yes it's works in Mapsource but once u try to open in Mapedit or try to patchimg (old version, hv not try new 1 yet)..its failed.

This is common. I was told that mapsedit will not works anymoire in new locked maps to avoid abuses...& for the patchimg...probably u should try the latest version..and check (I hv not try the latest version yet :oops: )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:42 am 

GPS: pda
oh do u mean all the maps need to be unlock first ? may i ask why because not included in wiki help :-?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:53 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

brot wrote:
oh do u mean all the maps need to be unlock first ? may i ask why because not included in wiki help :-?

The wiki on this matter has just been updated few days ago:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.php/Contribution_for_Map_Unlocking

Also mentioned in this HOT topic thread:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:35 am 

GPS: MIO A701
Garmin Que
Mapking 2007
stimix wrote:
I pressumed u oledi got the Unlock key and successfully unlocked the map. Yes it's works in Mapsource but once u try to open in Mapedit or try to patchimg (old version, hv not try new 1 yet)..its failed.

This is common. I was told that mapsedit will not works anymoire in new locked maps to avoid abuses...& for the patchimg...probably u should try the latest version..and check (I hv not try the latest version yet :oops: )

Yup, the map has been successfully unlocked and it works in Que. Just that I can't combine/patch the speedtrap POIs (pauchai's 10000999.img) to it anymore.

Just tried with PatchIMG 1.1.0 build 23 and build 24, unfortunately still no go :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next