Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:51 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Went to Jusco Balakong today and in the electricals section there's a demo booth for Carnavi.

Very interesting hardware, the maps are not so eye catching but once I saw the "3D Junction View" it really changed my perspective. :rock:

The system was developed by Navi & Map Sdn Bhd..
The harware consist of 7inch touch screen Double Din unit with built in cd/dvd, 30Gb Hdd, memory stick slot and much more.

There's a review done by motortrader:
http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/articles/article_1093/page_m.asp

Here's The Malay Mail's scoop:
http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News/mm/MailMotor/MFeature/20060704104034/Article/pp_index_html

The official website at http://www.carnavi.com.my but I can't seem to browse.
Anybody knows more about the device as I can't seem to get anything from the salesperson.

Thanks! \:D/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
Reading the review by Motortrader, one of its main advantages over normal GPS Navigation System:
Quote:
A speed sensor detects the vehicle’s traveling speed, while the gyro sensor measures the car’s tilt and lateral movements. Together with GPS information, carnavi is thus able to accurately display the vehicle’s position on the map, even on occasions when GPS signals are not available due to physical obstructions or poor weather conditions.

Cool!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:30 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
Quote:
Three introductory packages ranging from RM1,099 to RM7,700 are being offered to car owners, with the premium package consisting of the carnavi unit and a rear-view camera from Sanyo specially developed for the system. The rear-view camera can be connected to carnavi to provide clear, undistorted images of objects behind the car whenever the driver engages the reverse gear. The introductory packages include installation and a free map update which would be available by early next year.
[/Quote]

Not cheap considering maps for only KL :$gone: :ko: but then, the technology and application is interesting :-k

"Quote box " edited by BernGPS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:32 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: HP6515, HP4150+GSpace BT Gpsr, Etrex Legend Hcx, Omnia SGH-i900
Yeh...Yeh.... The person incharger there did not bother to distribute leaflets or explain. He was sitting down on the table playing with his mobile phone. This happen in Jusco, IOI Mall Puchong two weeks ago. I returned to the booth twice and it was the same.

So I wonder whether their after-sales service is good.

I don't thing the map are detail enough. I did a search on the screen but couldn't get what I want and the price......phew.........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:06 pm 

GPS: Navi
You should buy this car navi.. application very nice.. accurate and user friendly..

With 3D land mark Icon, Map color night and day mode, Junction view ( every exit higway )

Actually Navi will add their map coverage..

it's cool.. Price is expensive but see the quality first..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:39 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android
alpacino wrote:
Actually Navi will add their map coverage..

Have you compared Navi's map coverage with our latest locked Malsingmaps v2.27? Which is better coverage? What about routing? O:)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:24 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi 1490T
sunn wrote:
Yeh...Yeh.... The person incharger there did not bother to distribute leaflets or explain. He was sitting down on the table playing with his mobile phone. This happen in Jusco, IOI Mall Puchong two weeks ago. I returned to the booth twice and it was the same.

So I wonder whether their after-sales service is good.

I don't thing the map are detail enough. I did a search on the screen but couldn't get what I want and the price......phew.........

Typical Malaysian salespersons.. Should it happen to me, I put it off from consideration right away :thumbsdown:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:49 pm 

GPS: 100 meters
In-car navigation systems have been commonplace in Europe, Japan and the USA since the mid-1990s and have proven to be extremely useful to motorists, especially those who frequently travel to different towns and cities. However, the availability of such systems in Malaysia has been slower because of the key element – the digital map. Due to security considerations in earlier years, detailed maps of the country have been limited but following the end of the communist threat, the government has eased the restrictions and a few independent companies have been able to start creating digital maps of most of the country.
------------------------------
Jimmy Jack
new way to advertise

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:13 pm 
Site Owner
Site Owner

GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S
The 3d rendering of interchange looks impressive but the technology is not.

Mapking R17 can also render 3D images of interchanges. Its actually an image taken on site and digitised. What happens is that when the car is at that point, that image will be extracted and displayed to the user. If you key in building profile (dimension), that would be displayed too in 3D. The building profile is rendered by the map program.

So that means, the map company needs take images of ALL intersections from different directions - and if they don't do that - then the map is as ordinary as the ones we have now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:21 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 200 (US Version)
Nuvi 255W (TWN Version)
MobileXT (V5.00.30)
I hope it does support real time traffic information feed.

In Japan they use AM mode feed into GPS system.

Japan has better visual in the 3D map. Take a look HERE