The Nuvi 765

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

guerrierurbain
GPS: 60CSx

The Nuvi 765

#1 Post by guerrierurbain » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi guys! Tried looking for a thread on the Nuvi 765T but can't seem to find it so, here goes...

I am in Taiwan now for some 'business' so I missed the last IT Show so I can't check out what was on offer.

Long story short...two of my friends bought the Nuvi 765T from a shop somewhere in Central Taiwan for about NT$11,500. That is about SGD$520! I've compared that to what was offered during the IT Show at SGD$799 and it's almost $300 off!

I have been a firm fan of the 60CSx over these last 3 years and will still use it for as long as it can last. But some of the drool-worthy features of the 765T plus the price is just too good too miss! More of my friends with me here are thinking of getting it too! But I'm waiting to go to Taipei where a friend was quoted NT$10,000 for the set by a shop in Nova (Taiwan's version of SLS)!

Any thoughts on this guys? Thanx for any replies...
What is life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare...

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: The Nuvi 765T

#2 Post by SilverBeauty » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:27 am

guerrierurbain wrote:Hi guys! Tried looking for a thread on the Nuvi 765T but can't seem to find it so, here goes...

I am in Taiwan now for some 'business' so I missed the last IT Show so I can't check out what was on offer.

Long story short...two of my friends bought the Nuvi 765T from a shop somewhere in Central Taiwan for about NT$11,500. That is about SGD$520! I've compared that to what was offered during the IT Show at SGD$799 and it's almost $300 off!

I have been a firm fan of the 60CSx over these last 3 years and will still use it for as long as it can last. But some of the drool-worthy features of the 765T plus the price is just too good too miss! More of my friends with me here are thinking of getting it too! But I'm waiting to go to Taipei where a friend was quoted NT$10,000 for the set by a shop in Nova (Taiwan's version of SLS)!

Any thoughts on this guys? Thanx for any replies...

If the price meets your "want" list and your " price tolerance", then buy it :mrgreen:

Take note that the 3D features is not available in our part of world or until Garmin / MSM compiles it in this format. For now, it is only available for continental USA and Europe.

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

#3 Post by wsian » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:14 am

For future nuvi, you are going to see more and more map features customize to local region firmware. Your Taiwan firmware machine may not have full features and support/upgrade for MY/SG maps & firmware. Do consider this besides price factor.

carlover
Community POI leader
Community POI leader
GPS: Nuvi 765 Version 2.0 (SG/MY)

The Nuvi 765T

#4 Post by carlover » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Guys,

Just got hold of a Nuvi 765T as my Nuvi 310 is due to retire. :lol:

Overall, this is the latest set with all the latest function and yet to explore but it is a good Nuvi set if you were to stick with your GPS set for a long time.

Anyone using this set also, do check in too! :thumbsup:
P/S : Provide Speed Limit & Exact Coordinates for SpeedTraps & Traffic Cam Alerts, thanks

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 370 & 765

Re: Nuvi 765T

#5 Post by lost4ever » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Yes, I do have one - been using it for the last 2 months. The best thing about it is that it picks up the signal far faster that my nuvi370. When I use it in the US, I love the traffic info and the multi-lane assist function. Unfortunately, not applicable here. :thumbsdown:

The biggest issue I have with it is the slow refreshing of the screen when it is loading new parts of the map. No problems when I'm turning, the screen is quite smooth. I'm suspecting that it could be because my maps are on the SD card - haven't tried copying them on the main memory nor buying a faster SD card.
Citius Altius Fortius

carlover
Community POI leader
Community POI leader

#6 Post by carlover » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:58 pm

lost4ever wrote:Yes, I do have one - been using it for the last 2 months. The best thing about it is that it picks up the signal far faster that my nuvi370. When I use it in the US, I love the traffic info and the multi-lane assist function. Unfortunately, not applicable here. :thumbsdown:

The biggest issue I have with it is the slow refreshing of the screen when it is loading new parts of the map. No problems when I'm turning, the screen is quite smooth. I'm suspecting that it could be because my maps are on the SD card - haven't tried copying them on the main memory nor buying a faster SD card.
Wow, that was fast for your reply cos thought not many are using this model as it is pretty new in the market.

Will monitor on the performance and it will definitely faster than my Nuvi 310 on the map loading etc.

Not to mention on the screen resolution as it is much better than my Nuvi 310 too.

Hopefully future MSM maps will have the Junction View features! :thumbsup:
P/S : Provide Speed Limit & Exact Coordinates for SpeedTraps & Traffic Cam Alerts, thanks

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 370 & 765

#7 Post by lost4ever » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Hmmm ... I haven't even encountered a Junction View pop-up when I drove around in the US! :-k Seems like they are very rare. :-? Locally, it would be very useful in places like M'sia particularly around KL where the turnings are a little complicated (at least to me!)
Citius Altius Fortius

Max
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765 Sin/Mal & Garmin MobileXT

#8 Post by Max » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:19 am

carlover wrote:Guys,

Just got hold of a Nuvi 765T as my Nuvi 310 is due to retire. :lol:

Overall, this is the latest set with all the latest function and yet to explore but it is a good Nuvi set if you were to stick with your GPS set for a long time.

Anyone using this set also, do check in too! :thumbsup:
Hi carlover, juz wanna check wif u ur 765T is US or localised Sing/Mal set ???

Max
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765 Sin/Mal & Garmin MobileXT

#9 Post by Max » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:24 am

wsian wrote:For future nuvi, you are going to see more and more map features customize to local region firmware. Your Taiwan firmware machine may not have full features and support/upgrade for MY/SG maps & firmware. Do consider this besides price factor.
hmmm ... so better to buy localised set :ko:

carlover
Community POI leader
Community POI leader

#10 Post by carlover » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Max wrote: Hi carlover, juz wanna check wif u ur 765T is US or localised Sing/Mal set ???
I am not sure whether it is a local or US set cos you can choose to bundle with SG/MY Malsing map or NT Europe map, I bought it at a shop located in B1 of Sim Lim Tower, they purely sell Marine Equipment and the shop owner told me that their pricing not so high as they get big quantity at one time, he purely don't earn too much from each set as he treasure customers to keep going back.

I have compared prices between Perfect Watch which bundle with NT Europe map, price is $859 whereas my price is $735. If you want the 2 GB SD card with the map then just top up additional of $10 only.