Garmin 10x with Palm T5

Discussions on Palm /Windows Mobile PDA & PDA Phone + GPS combo

Moderator: Moderators

PalmoAnest
GPS: Garmin Mobile 10x + MTX on Treo 650/Palm TX

Garmin 10x with Palm T5

#1 Post by PalmoAnest » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:44 pm

Hi, anybody try this combination before? I used to get it working for a while but now always tell me not enough memory to run map. Even imediately after I cleared cache memory and left 14mb free chece with ResetDoctor.

I had the Garmin mobile XT running like a charm on my Treo650 though. Without the needs of ResetDoctor.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

Re: Garmin 10x with Palm T5

#2 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:57 pm

PalmoAnest wrote:Hi, anybody try this combination before? I used to get it working for a while but now always tell me not enough memory to run map. Even imediately after I cleared cache memory and left 14mb free chece with ResetDoctor.

I had the Garmin mobile XT running like a charm on my Treo650 though. Without the needs of ResetDoctor.
Hi Bro PalmoAnest,

I run a 10X on Palm TX and my PDA used to tell the the same thing so I got rid of all the
non-essential programs, games etc and now no problem. For me, I find that my smartphone
can do most things my PDA used to do. Now my PDA is solely for GPS matters.

Bart

PalmoAnest

#3 Post by PalmoAnest » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:19 pm

bartmp8 wrote:
Hi Bro PalmoAnest,

I run a 10X on Palm TX and my PDA used to tell the the same thing so I got rid of all the
non-essential programs, games etc and now no problem. For me, I find that my smartphone
can do most things my PDA used to do. Now my PDA is solely for GPS matters.

Bart
Thanx for the prompt reply. I guess so too. But in my case that's the other way round. I use my PDA more then my smart phone (bcoz of the lager screen) so I'll keep my treo as phone and GPS device for the moment.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#4 Post by bartmp8 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:08 am

Bro PalmoAnest,

Not an expert on the subject but you know how on the pc, you can allocate
virtual memory from the harddrive, wouldn't it be good if it can be done from the
SD card. My 2G SD card is a white elephant. Can't even save the tracks directly
on to it.

Anyway, I hope some of the sifu can help you solve your problem. Nothing worse than
owing white elephants.

Bart

Dennis
GPS: Garmin 10X + Treo 680

#5 Post by Dennis » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:16 am

bartmp8 wrote:Bro PalmoAnest,

virtual memory from the harddrive, wouldn't it be good if it can be done from the
on to it.

Anyway, I hope some of the sifu can help you solve your problem. Nothing worse than
owing white elephants.

Bart
maybe u can check whether u had accidentally locked the card. the lock is a physical sliding switch located on the left of the SD card.

PalmoAnest

#6 Post by PalmoAnest » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:10 am

Dennis wrote:
bartmp8 wrote:Bro PalmoAnest,

on to it.

owing white elephants.

Bart
maybe u can check whether u had accidentally locked the card. the lock is a physical sliding switch located on the left of the SD card.
Thanx a lot for the help and suggestion. I'm settled for my Treo650 + Garmin mobile 10x combi at the moment. Will only looks into the T5 problem when I have more time coz T5 is my main working/Life saving PDA. :)

Thank you again for all the suggestions.

myman
GPS: nokian70+gps10x+mxt

#7 Post by myman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:13 am

Hi Bro
I'm using palm t5 and gps10x,but when i try to navigate the palm hang pls tell me what version software you are using

PalmoAnest

#8 Post by PalmoAnest » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:12 am

myman wrote:Hi Bro
I'm using palm t5 and gps10x,but when i try to navigate the palm hang pls tell me what version software you are using
I'm using "Garmin Mobile XT for Palm OS with GPS 10x Ver. 4.00.62p Beta as of Jul 05, 2007"

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collecti ... 0-00579-00

PalmoAnest

#9 Post by PalmoAnest » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:36 am

myman wrote:Hi Bro
U can try use ResetDoctor to clear the cache before u start mobile xt. My clean cache is 14,407,088 bytes.

If possible, off all the programmes running in the back grounds, especially CJKOS.

Dennis
GPS: Garmin 10X + Treo 680

#10 Post by Dennis » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:40 am

i m using Treo 680 with the Garmin 10X.

initially there were many resets. then i used the Reset Doctor to clear the cache regularly, it improved, still with some reset every now n then.

finally i decided to troubleshoot to see exactly which software(s) that is causing the whole device to reset. i found CJKOS took up many space in the memory. n after i have disable it n clear cache regularly, my the Molie XT hardly reset, very stable now. :prayer:

i m using Ver. 4.00.62p Beta, very stable