Do Chinese GPS vehicle tracker popular in Malaysia?

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

cncote
GPS: GPS vehicle Tracker, Motorbike GPS tracker, E-bike GPS tracker

Do Chinese GPS vehicle tracker popular in Malaysia?

#1 Post by cncote » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi Every friend, I am Jack Foo from China, i work as a overseas sales in a Chinese GPS Vehicle tracker factory, just want to do a survey, Do Chinese vehicle GPS tracker popular in East Asia countries like Malaysia, Philippine, Singapore and Indonesia? if yes, which supplier's tracker mostly welcomed? Welcome to discuss.
Vehicle GPS Tracker Professional Supplier
Shenzhen Cncote Technology Co., Ltd
Sales Manager: Mr Jack Foo
Whatsapp: 008613480148499

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Do Chinese GPS vehicle tracker popular in Malaysia?

#2 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:50 am

cncote wrote:Hi Every friend, I am Jack Foo from China, i work as a overseas sales in a Chinese GPS Vehicle tracker factory, just want to do a survey, Do Chinese vehicle GPS tracker popular in East Asia countries like Malaysia, Philippine, Singapore and Indonesia? if yes, which supplier's tracker mostly welcomed? Welcome to discuss.
In My opinion these factors drive demand

Price .. you now compete with smartphone apps.
Service Support
Map Update
Map Availability by country

cncote
GPS: GPS vehicle Tracker, Motorbike GPS tracker, E-bike GPS tracker

#3 Post by cncote » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:17 pm

@SilverBeauty,
Thank you, but the smartphone app is more likely just a gps Navigation, gps tracker is a device installed hidden in a car or motorbike, when the car or motorbike is stolen, the owner can use the tracker track and trace their car, to get back his car. and have more functions, for example, can remote cut off the car's enginee to stop the car. and the company can use the tracker manage their fleet, etc.

The cost for a gps tracker now is very cheap now, usually from USD18-USD25.
Vehicle GPS Tracker Professional Supplier
Shenzhen Cncote Technology Co., Ltd
Sales Manager: Mr Jack Foo
Whatsapp: 008613480148499

BanBan
Qualified Mapper
GPS: 60CS, Unbranded MCX ext. antenna, Nuvi 1460, 2565.

#4 Post by BanBan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:24 pm

cncote wrote:Hi Every friend, I am Jack Foo from China, i work as a overseas sales in a Chinese GPS Vehicle tracker factory, just want to do a survey, Do Chinese vehicle GPS tracker popular in East Asia countries like Malaysia, Philippine, Singapore and Indonesia? if yes, which supplier's tracker mostly welcomed? Welcome to discuss.
Dear Jack,

To me the core features of a gps tracker could be separated into 2 main group. Software and Hardware.

Software.
1. The OS of the unit must be rock stable. You will just want to throw a unit into a river if it keeps hanging up when it should be tracking your valued asset. Unit must be able to operate 24x7 all year round.

2. Software support and improvement must be vibrant. If there are no updates at all after a reasonable period of time, you will have a feeling that the product is dead or without improvement or bug removal.

3. Do not limit communication channel of unit with only one, eg. gprs only. Unit should also work and be manageable using sms. User must have the choice. GPRS might not be an attractive options with many cellular providers. Many might not want their tracker to be connected 24x7. Connect as when you want should be an option. Cellular bill must be kept to minimum.

4. User manuals must be clear. Many English manuals for Chinese product that I have seen were written in pathetic English that in the end just confuse the user and is not able to give clear instructions.

Hardware.
1. The gps chipset must be the most sensitive available for price bracket. The unit has to be hidden most of the time and sensitivity of gps receiver is paramount.

2. Unit designed to track a vehicle should has the option of operating direct from the vehicle battery. If the unit has to have its own Li-Ion battery, that could just be a nuisance and a redundancy. The unit is better off operating from the 12V or 24V source of the vehicle.

3. The electronics should not get too hot during long operation. High heat could be detrimental to the unit.

Should not only focus on keeping price low. Also focus on quality of product and service. As they say, you pay peanuts and you get monkeys. The thing is, nobody want monkeys that is not intended. Users are willing to pay reasonable amount for good products.

That is my personal opinion, Jack.

Cheers.
"Aha! Papa got a new toy!" - BanBan (My 3 yr old daughter)