Newbies who wants to create a combined MySin-Borneo Gmapsupp
The instructions here are extracted from one of Jaguar's instructions on how to create a final combined Gmapsupp.img file after receiving unlock codes. Some users do not wish to have one Gmapsupp.img for West Malaysia/SG and another Gmapsupp.img for Borneo.
Patching two GMAPSUPP.IMG together
- Download the Gmapsuppv213.zip and Gmapsuppv213b.zip (or whatever new version) from here
- unzip these and rename them as gmapsupp1.img and gmapsupp2.img
- Use PatchIMG ( build25 ) and click on 'GetMap' button to get gmapsupp1.img and gmapsupp2.img
- Click the radio button to 'create gmapsupp.img'
- Click the radio button to key in 'Unlock key' <-- Many people miss this step !!!
- Key in the first 25 digit unlock key for GM-MySin. Click 'Add Key'
- Key in the second 25 digit unlock key for GM-Borneo.
- Click 'Add Key'. (Tip: It is better to copy and paste the 25 digit code from your PM to here to minimize typing mistakes during the keying-in process. )
- Click the button 'Patch & Send'.
- You should get a new gmapsupp.img (found in the last folder that you stored gmapsupp2.img)
- Copy this new personalized gmapsupp.img file into the \garmin folder of your SD card
- say 'thank you'. That's it. You don't need to put the UNL file beside the new gmapsupp.img file.
Using Mapsource to create your own All-in-one GMAPSUPP.IMG
- Download and Install GM-Mysinv214.exe and GM-Borneov214.exe (or the latest versions, if available, from each particular download page)
- You will need to click on [Utilities][Unlock maps] and follow the instructions to key in your two 25 digit unlock codes.
- Download the M3 utility from here. Save and Install it.
- Download RoadPOIMaps into any folder on your computer. You should see THREE xxxxxxxx.img files.
- Download HDBCarParkEntrancePOIMap into any folder on your computer. You should see ONE 00001113.img file.
- Run the M3 utility.
- Click the 'New' button.
- Click the 'Select Maps' button to load in the 3 RoadPOI image files (namely: 60006666.img, 60016666.img and 60026666.img). Use CTRL-A to select all 3 files.
- Type in a Mapset Name as 'RoadPOI'.
- Click 'Create Mapset'. This will create a RoadPOI mapset that you can view in Mapsource. This step may take a while as the 3 files are large. Be patient.
- When completed, you go through the whole process again to load in the SG HDB carpark entrance POI (namely the 00001113.img file) into M3 and create a HDBPOI mapset for viewing in Mapsource.
- Close M3 utility and Run Mapsouce.
- At the top left hand corner of Mapsource, you should be able to see the following mapsets: GM-Malaysia/Singapore, GM-Borneo, HDBPOI and RoadPOI
- Click on each mapset one at a time and use the Map Tool key to select all the tiles within each mapset. You may have to zoom out fully (use the minus key).
- If you have selected correctly, you should see the word '13 maps' appear at the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
- You may wish to click on 'Map set Name' and key in your preferred name. eg. 'Myname v2.14'. Remember to untick the radio button for 'Autoname the mapset'
- Click the 'Send to Device' button. If you have your Nuvi connected (with a SD card inside), a little window will pop up asking if you wish to send the gmapsupp.img to your Nuvi memory or to the SD card. I recommend to select the SD card.
- Good luck. You now have a All-in-one GMAPSUPP.IMG that you can truly say that 'I generated this myself'. Give yourself a pat on your own back by bending backwards. :)
<a href=http://buyalbuterol.us.com/>cheap albuterol</a>