Experiences with bringing and using your GPSr Overseas?
This is a summary of member experiences bringing and using a GPSr outside of Malaysia and Singapore. Please note that these are PERSONAL experiences which does not in any way indicate any government approvals or directives. Each individual experience may differ from location to location. You bring and use your GPSr at your own risk!
Please check to see if the country you wish to include or update in this list is already existing before adding the country. Please insert by ALPHABETICAL ORDER!. If a country is already on the list, please update the last time you took and used the GPSr in that country so that this list is kept as updated as possible.
Other threads to check:
NO PROBLEM COUNTRIES
- Australia (Perth)
- Argentina-Buenos Aires
- Cape Town
- Cambodia (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh)
- Canada (British Columbia, Alberta)
- China (Beijing, Yunnan, Chengdu, Shanghai)
- France (downtown Paris)
- Indonesia - June 2006, Surabaya, Java. July 2006, Medan, Sumatera.
- Japan- Mar 2006, Tokyo
- Morocco -Got GPS permit on internet, nobody wanted to see it. mar 2005
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- Spain (downtown Madrid & Barcelona)
- Vietnam -mar 2006
BE CAREFUL COUNTRIES
- Australia - 1 experience of set quarantine in SYD, jmleng last trip in Nov 2005 no problems
- India - Problems bringing the GPSr into Delhi
- Nepal - "not advisable to use the 60csx there as the antenna makes it look like a walkie-talkie"
- Phillipines (Manila) - 1 experience of being stopped by airport customs but talked his way out
- Taiwan - "report your GPSr or camera / phone camera if you are on board domestic flight in Taiwan. some planes fly over military zones and once you are caught having camera or GPSr on board, they'll be confiscated and you will have to answer a lot of question."