Malsingmaps.com in the news
Compilation of mass media coverage that includes malsingmaps.com.
- 4 September 2008 - Busting the Malaysian GPS mythsA brief discussion of what GPS is and the myths about it. Writer Alan Tan is probably our member Prometheus.
- 19 July 2008 - Portable GPS devices making inroads here on the popularity of GPS for activities like driving, avoiding tolls, finding eating places, exercising, etc.. A reference to malsingmaps.com is mentioned in the article.
- 13 March 2008 - Go-fer this GPS. "To the unitiated, MapKing is possibly the most popular GPS software in the Malaysian market, thanks to the Malsingmaps.com group, which helped to provide the very detailed (and constantly updated) maps."
- 4 February 2008 - Making modern life easier. A summary brief on GPS. Shapes and sizes of GPS product offerings. A reference to the free maps at Malsingmaps. The article continues to Tracking famous food spots on the near accuracy of GPS positioning to locate a POI, and a reference to the list of food POIs available on http://www.foodpoi.com and how you can input the coordinates into your GPSr and you can navigate to the POI. And of course if you have a good makan place to recommend that is not in the community maps, do contribute.
- 20 November 2007 - Have GPS Will Travel. A test drive with GPS in Singapore on Garmin map...but with a recommendation to go for the free maps at Malsingmaps due to regular updates and local eateries information.
- 27 July 2007 - Car Tech Special Report - GPS Navigation Systems. A summary writeup about what is GPS. A special consideration page of GPS in Singapore. A mention of maps of Malsingmaps and site linkage and also a linkage to the blogsite of our member, Prometheus.
- 3 May 2007 - No frills navigation system, a mention that the BMW navigation system is still inferior to Malsingmaps in Malaysia due to map quality. Oh, and we are the benchmark ;)
- 26 June 2006 - Contribute to Tracking, scanned copy of Eastern Times coverage of malsingmaps.com in Sarawak. Quoted our Bernard Sia. Further forum dicussion here.
- 13 June 2006 - Phone, tell me how to get home, New Paper (Singapore) article about using iPAQ hw6965 endorsing "I suggest checking out www.malsingmaps.com, which is excellent for Garmin GPS devices and should also work for the iPAQ, though I did not have the chance to test it.". Online New Paper copy here
- 8 March 2006 - Electronic Map is the Key Factor, scanned translated copy of Sin Chew article referring users to "take a look at a delicated GPS website at http://malsingmaps.com.". Online Sin Chew copy here.
- 7 February 2006 - Finding your way with GPS, Star TechCentral story about using GPSr and referring to "there is a very active community of Garmin GPS users who constantly maintain and update GPS maps for most of Malaysia and Singapore ... at malsingmaps.com.". Forum reference here
- 15 December 2005 - Gifts for the road warrior, Star TechCentral story on gadgets for christmas, suggesting GPS devices and referring "commercially available maps for Malaysia are pretty scarce, but there is currently an active community which share and make maps for Garmin devices at http://malsingmaps.com."
- 18 November 2003 - All mapped out, The Star article about Adil Othman and Allen Teoh creating the malaysia GPS map on www.malaysiagis.com. Not exactly malsingmaps.com but a predecessor once removed.