Map uploading via serial cable
From MSM Wiki
- When connecting to your GPS via a serial cable, be sure to make sure the cable is securely fastened to the PC.
- It is advisable to tighten both screws on the connector to your PC
- This is a more serious problem than transfer via a USB cable, as the USB connection is more reliable, and easier to connect and disconnect than a serial cable
- I had an experience where in my haste, I plugged in the serial cable and only tightened one of the screws
- The GPS was detectable from the PC, but transmission of data was not possible
- After spending several hours trying to find out what was wrong, I checked the hardware and found that the cable was not well inserted.