Viewing maps using MapSource
Mapsource allows the convenience of easily viewing our garmin compatible maps together with our GPSr waypoints, tracklogs and routes on our Desktop PC. Many Garmin GPSr comes bundled with Mapsource software, though some do not (notably Nuvi and Streetpilots).
Maps with MapSource installer
Note: This is NOT the Mapsource Software that are included in the package of some Garmin devices. This installer is a utility created to download our maps (usually multiple maps) contained in a single EXE file that automatically install into a directory where Mapsource™ can read and display them.
- Download the installer from MSM NT v5.xx for Mapsource link.
- Run the installer to install the map
- View the map using Mapsource
View the map using MapSource
- Launch MapSource™ and click on View>Switch to Product (or use the Product list dropdown list in the tool bar)
- Download MapSource User's manual (1.3MB PDF file) from Garmin website, and read it. :-)